Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAQ: What are the differences between Mode 1 and Mode 2 ?

FAQ: What are the differences between Mode 1 and Mode 2 ?

A question often asked by our customers is the "Differences between Mode 1 and Mode 2 Options?". I thought I would want to share the answer here as well.

Answer:

"Modes 1, 2, 3 and 4" refer to the transmitter's control stick configuration of the product. Normally a RC pilot will only prefer to use one of the modes and not want to learn two different control modes, which is very difficult to accomplish. Its similar to learning two languages.

If you are new to the hobby you may either use mode 1 or mode 2 as mode 3 and 4 are not as common. A good reference for making the best choice would be a friend and RC pilot in your area who can help you to learn how to fly. You should use the same mode as your RC piloting friend does. There is a very well written guideline concerning the different control modes. Just continue to read about them here:

http://www.rc-airplane-world.com/rc-...ter-modes.html

The RC EYE One Xtreme transmitter is available as mode 1 or mode 2. Mode 3 and 4 transmitters are not provided since they are seldom used by pilots. However, you may still control the RC EYE One Xtreme with your own mode 3 or mode 4 transmitter by using the optional OneLink adapter or PPM option.

Last edited by MatLi; 13.10.2013 at 10:50.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

Hi,
    i just bought a One Eye extrem quad, mode 1. didn't realised i was used flying in mode 2.
    if changing transmitter, can i go back to mode 2 with the One Eye?

Hi,

If you have not flown your unit, I would recommend contacting the dealer in which you purchased from to arrange a replacement. Simply switching the controller will not allow mode2 flying. The Xtreme is programmed internally.

If you purchased from RC Logger direct, then please open a support ticket for assistance: http://support.rclogger.com/

Regards,

Adam
    Go big, fly hard.

Hi,

so disappointed to read that (((
    i bought it from someone, not from a dealer. the unit is brand new anyway (i now understand why price was attractive). i was told is was possible to change mode with another transmitter.
    guess there's no arragement in my case ((((
    except maybe changing fly board and transmitter? crossing fingers that you may give a positive answer!

Regards,
    jean marie

Hello Jean,

I have tested this on a unit I have as I have a mode 1 and mode 2 transmitter on hand and was able to fly with both transmitter's in their correct mode. So yes if you pick up a mode 2 transmitter then you should be able to use it to fly your model the way you are used to.

I had to verify myself as Adam mentioned there has been mention of this being layed out differently. But from my testing you should be okay to go that route.

Regards,
    Jamie

hello Jamie,

well..; i would say all this is such an adventure lol! so glad to read you then, but feeling a bit disoriented (like a mad copter i guess^^)
    the only question would be now: is it possible to buy a new mode 2 transmitter?
    first step i'm gonna ask the guy who sold me the RC where he got it, and if there's an possible arrangement with the dealer.
    it would be very cool if Adam could confirm what you said about changing transmitter.
    crossing fingers! and many thanks for your help!

Regards,
    jean

ps: now also waiting for seller's answer (he cooperates nicely)
    Last edited by jamiquitos; 17.02.2015 at 17:53.

hi,

no news from seller
    Jamie may i ask if your model was a mode 1 or 2 at first or an ARF model? (no dedicated command)
    tought this could make a difference....

Seller is ok to change transmitter.
    would be cool for me to be shure it will work (quite a long way to go to seller's shop..)
    crossing fingers!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam.RCLogger View Post
    Hi,

If you have not flown your unit, I would recommend contacting the dealer in which you purchased from to arrange a replacement. Simply switching the controller will not allow mode2 flying. The Xtreme is programmed internally.

If you purchased from RC Logger direct, then please open a support ticket for assistance: http://support.rclogger.com/

Regards,

Adam

This should not be the case. Only the TX is different but the Xtreme itself is identical across all modes.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)