Thread: "ArF" vs. OneLINK. Differences between Modes?

Attention "ArF" vs. OneLINK. Differences between Modes?

Explaining "ArF", OneLINK and Mode 1 / 2 differences -> What would the user need to add to get the Xtreme to fly?

- "ArF Kit" = [LINK] About ready to fly. Requires the user to provide the following parts:

Transmitter: Own transmitter or RC EYE One S transmitter
    Receiver: Own PPM (not PWM) receiver if using your own transmitter without OneLINK or without using RC EYE One S transmitter
    Optional: OneLINK (if wanting to use Xtreme embedded 2.4 GHz receiver with your own Transmitter; requires trainer port!)

- "OneLINK Bundle". [LINK] Requires the user to provide the following parts:

Transmitter: Own transmitter (Futaba, JR, Spektrum, etc.) with available trainer port!
    Receiver: NOT required (internal embedded 2.4 GHz receiver is used)

- "Mode 1" and "Mode 2" Differences

The "Mode" refers to the control stick assignment of the stock remote control (the included transmitter). There is no difference of the main product itself, hence the main flight controller with embedded 2.4 GHz receiver and the mechanical design of the Xtreme are identical in both modes. The only difference between "Mode 1" and "Mode 2" is the stick configuration of the included transmitter. If you are new to the hobby you should ask an experienced RC pilot in your area what mode she or he would recommend you to use. Generally, if you are new to the hobby, it does not make any difference whether you decide to use "Mode 1" or "Mode 2", however it is always best to choose a mode which is most common in your geographical location. Further details explaining mode differences are very well explained here:

http://www.rcheliwiki.com/Transmitter_mode
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

Please clarify, so the receiver is part of the control board then, and if you order the extreme with the transmitter there is no way to change the receiver out with my own PPM receiver?

You could still use a PPM receiver down the road if you wanted. When a PPM receiver is hooked up to the flight controller it has priority over the onboard receiver. If no PPM receiver is present then the board defaults to the onboard receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon46260 View Post
    You could still use a PPM receiver down the road if you wanted. When a PPM receiver is hooked up to the flight controller it has priority over the onboard receiver. If no PPM receiver is present then the board defaults to the onboard receiver.
    I could not have explained it any better myself :-) thanks for your contribution.
    Go big, fly hard.

i have a few questions if anyone could help me

Sure niknak309, we are here to help. What are your questions?