Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [FIXED] Motor do not respond to throttle at start.

Thumbs Up [FIXED] Motor do not respond to throttle at start.

Dear all. In case your motors do not spin at the first start approach, please perform the following remote control reset steps. This will fix the issue for good:

Here is the procedure to fix the problem:

1. Remove batteries from remote control.
    2. Bring sticks to midposition and throttle to 0
    3. Wait 1 minute
    4. Push mode and on/off button while inserting batteries.
    5. RC should beep
    6. Move both sticks to all ends. You can do circles with both sticks. It doesn't matter how many circles you are doing.
    7. Put all sticks to middle and throttle to 0
    8. Push on/off button
    9. Rebind remote control to copter

This is related to the stock transmitter not being initialized correctly. This reset procedure solves the issue.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

Attention

Please additionally refer to attached technical note.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

I have a recently purchased(delivered Monday 5/19) xtreme that is experiencing a problem that I can't figure out. I'm new to quads and I was practicing hovering in my driveway and I landed and when I went to take off again both left side motors(front and rear) shut down. I had spare motors and I tried replacing them but still nothing. I found this thread and tried both the transmitter reset and the alcohol cleaning of the flight control board as described in the technical note in the above post but nothing has worked. I even tried different flight batteries, as well as new transmitter batteries to no avail. Any help would be great, I love the xtreme, but I'm getting a little discouraged. Thanks.

How do you bind it to the quad an why can't you make a video showing how to do this because i can't get it to work . I want to buy a new but i think i got to do that to

Quote Originally Posted by johnjay View Post
    How do you bind it to the quad an why can't you make a video showing how to do this because i can't get it to work . I want to buy a new but i think i got to do that to
    Will create a video of the procedure and post within the next 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by MatLi View Post
    Dear all. In case your motors do not spin at the first start approach, please perform the following remote control reset steps. This will fix the issue for good:

Here is the procedure to fix the problem:

1. Remove batteries from remote control.
    2. Bring sticks to midposition and throttle to 0
    3. Wait 1 minute
    4. Push mode and on/off button while inserting batteries.
    5. RC should beep
    6. Move both sticks to all ends. You can do circles with both sticks. It doesn't matter how many circles you are doing.
    7. Put all sticks to middle and throttle to 0
    8. Push on/off button
    9. Rebind remote control to copter

This is related to the stock transmitter not being initialized correctly. This reset procedure solves the issue.
    Hello,

I received my extreme a few days ago, and had a few awesome flights with it. No accidents, and only one flight in sport mode. I went out to fly it today and i'm having a problem getting it to start.

When I plug in the eye one extreme, the light stays solid green. then I turn on the tx and the light starts blinking green.

When I push the throttle stick to the bottom left to start the motors, the green flashing starts going faster, then it goes to flashing red rapidly. A weird thing is that when i turn the tx off, the red flashing continues.

I reset the TX, and rebinded the tx to the quad. Batteries on both the quad and tx are fully charged/brand new.

No idea what's going on, anyone have a solution to this issue?

on a side not, the side LEDs are now off. I have no idea why. anyone know how to turn them back on?

this is frustrating

thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by AFG991 View Post
    Hello,

on a side not, the side LEDs are now off. I have no idea why. anyone know how to turn them back on?

this is frustrating

thanks!!
    18.5.4 Turning orientation LEDs on and off
    The orientation LEDs (7) can be turned on and off via the transmitter. Turn them on or off
    before you start the engines.
    The use of the supplied stock transmitter is described here. For your own transmitter refer
    to its user instructions and your own configuration respectively.
    >> MODE 1: Move the ELEVATOR/RUDDER lever and the THROTTLE/AILERON
    stick diagonally into their right bottom corner (see [ Fig. 24 ] ). The LEDís turn on or off,
    depending on their state.
    >> MODE 2: Move the AILERON/ELEVATOR stick diagonally into the right bottom
    corner (see [ Fig. 25 ]). The LEDís turn on or off, depending on their state.

Quote Originally Posted by AFG991 View Post
    Hello,

I received my extreme a few days ago, and had a few awesome flights with it. No accidents, and only one flight in sport mode. I went out to fly it today and i'm having a problem getting it to start.

When I plug in the eye one extreme, the light stays solid green. then I turn on the tx and the light starts blinking green.

When I push the throttle stick to the bottom left to start the motors, the green flashing starts going faster, then it goes to flashing red rapidly. A weird thing is that when i turn the tx off, the red flashing continues.

I reset the TX, and rebinded the tx to the quad. Batteries on both the quad and tx are fully charged/brand new.

No idea what's going on, anyone have a solution to this issue?

this is frustrating

thanks!!
    AFG991,

Have you followed all previously mentioned procedures and also the things mentioned on the rcgroups.com forum posted by myself and HeliStorm. Following these procedures would be the first steps in determining what the cause of your issue might be. Also have you had any crashes or tumbles with the quad?

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by johnjay View Post
    Here is a How To video on resetting the transmitter and binding to the Xtreme.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLJgVeVdCdo

Nice work Jamie!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)