Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RC EYE One Xtreme FAQs

Question RC EYE One Xtreme FAQs

Q: I just got my RC EYE One Xtreme, and there is no instruction manual!
    A: The instruction manual can be downloaded from: http://www.rclogger.com/Support/Down...sheets/RC-EYE/

Q: How do I start the motors?
    A: Per process 18.5.5 of the instruction manual (please make sure you are following the procedure for the correct mode Tx) – Most common is mode 2. With the Xtreme and Tx powered on, keep the throttle at 0, and move the yaw stick to the left until the motors start. Follow the same process for shutting the motors off

Q: I have had a crash, what should I do?
    A: Thorough inspection of the main frame, propellers, motor, and mounts is essential. If a component is broken, then discontinue flying immediately. Components must be replaced before flying can resume.

Q: How often should I check my propellers to make sure they are tight?
    A: Propellers should be checked every flight. If a propeller is replaced make sure to re-install the rubber washer between the fastener and the top of the propeller hub

Q: Upon starting my Xtreme only 2 motors start, what should I do?
    A: The flight controller has verified a loss of connection from a motor. One, or both motors are not connected properly, or damaged. Inspection of each motor connection at the terminal on the flight control board is a good place to start looking for loose motor wires. After verifying connections are secure, then re-attempt to initialize the motors. If the problem still continues then further inspection of the motor wires is required. Carefully remove the motor from the Xtreme, and thoroughly inspect the wires completely. Any fractures, or shorts indicate it is necessary to replace the motor.

Q: How do I replace my flight control board?
    A: It is unlikely that a flight controller will become damaged to the point where it is necessary to need replacement, some crashes can cause this component to become damaged. A comprehensive step by step video can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc0u5A2n7Tw

Q: How do I use the OneLink with the RC EYE One Xtreme?
    A: First you need to verify the OneLink will work with your transmitter. A list of major supported Transmitters can be found in the OneLink Instruction manual: http://www.rclogger.com/out/media/89...13_02_m_en.pdf
    A comprehensive explanation of how to program and bind the OneLink can be found in section 16.3 of the instruction manual: http://www.rclogger.com/out/media/88...314_02_m_1.pdf. This explanation covers Spektrum and Futaba Transmitters. A detailed video of step by step process can also be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGRBPUmQXDw

Q: Can I use my own Transmitter, and Receiver with the Xtreme?
    A: If you have a transmitter that is capable of transmitting PPM SUM signal, and a PPM receiver that is capable (Not PWM) then yes. The receiver and transmitter need to have a minimum of 6 channels to be used with the Xtreme. The process for programming the PPM Receiver can be found in section 16.4 of the instruction manual: http://www.rclogger.com/Support/Down...sheets/RC-EYE/
    A detailed video of step by step process can also be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRkwMO3-x_4 and here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuwpZmfB66Q

Q: How do I engage Altitude Height hold?
    A: Altitude height hold is only enabled while flying in sport mode. Once a desired height is achieved then move the throttle to mid-stick and depress the top right bumper on the stock Tx for a second. The LED’s on the Xtreme will begin to flash rapidly. Flying then can continue. If throttle is applied or reduced, then Altitude height hold will be disengaged.

Q: I believe my Xtreme is defective, what should I do?
    A: Please contact the retailer you purchased from and explain the exact circumstances to them. Each retail partner has a different return / exchange policy, thus it is best to discuss with them directly. If you have purchased from RC Logger directly, the please follow this link: http://www.rclogger.com/Support/Warranty-Policy/

Q: I cannot get my Xtreme to initiate the motor starting sequence even when I give the correct input. What should I do?
    A: It is possible the stock transmitter has not been properly calibrated from the factory. Please follow the following steps to correct:
    Remove batteries from remote control.
    2. Bring sticks to midposition and throttle to 0
    3. Wait 1 minute
    4. Push mode and on/off button while inserting batteries.
    5. RC should beep
    6. Move both sticks to all ends. You can do circles with both sticks. It doesn't matter how many circles you are doing.
    7. Put all sticks to middle and throttle to 0
    8. Push on/off button
    9. Rebind remote control to copter

This is related to the stock transmitter not being initialized correctly. This reset procedure solves the issue.

Q: I purchased the aerial upgrade kit, how do I install the camera tray?
    A: A video documenting this process has been made to further explain this process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGm1G_i9SO4

In case you have additional questions, where you would like the answer to it added here, please JUST and ONLY post the question below this post. Other posts, including experience posts etc. do not have its place here and will be deleted or moved.
    Last edited by MatLi; 10.05.2014 at 20:13. Reason: Updated

How do I reset the trimming of the stock Mode 2 transmitter to default settings?

Quote Originally Posted by D-an-W View Post
    How do I reset the trimming of the stock Mode 2 transmitter to default settings?
    Please follow this procedure to perform a full reset of your stock transmitter:

1. Remove the batteries from the remote control
    2. Bring sticks to midposition and throttle to 0
    3. Wait 1 minute
    4. Push mode and on/off button while inserting batteries.
    5. Remote control should beep
    6. Move both sticks to all ends. You can do circles with both sticks. It doesn't matter how many circles you are doing.
    7. Put all sticks to middle and throttle to 0
    8. Push on/off button
    9. Rebind remote control to copter
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

how do i stop motors from popping out of the holders?

Quote Originally Posted by 69camero View Post
    how do i stop motors from popping out of the holders?
    They should never pop out unless the mounts are somewhat damaged or the quad has to lift too much weight. The lifting force is related to the type of props installed and how much total weight the Xtreme has (including any potential payload). If you clamp the lower motor shaft too tight you would eventually damage the lower motor bearing - that would be even worse. As you can see, we gave this part a lot of consideration and testing. Can't remember how many versions we actually tested until we decided to go with the current design - it all has a reason.

Mounts will be available as replacement set (4 mounts per pack) starting early May '14. We are additionally looking into other alternative design options. There are many considerations such as heat, and wear and tear of the lower motor bearings. You won't just be able to clamp the full shaft or simply using more clamping force as this may cause even more severe issues.

It's a complex topic. In case we release new clamps we shall share it here with the community.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

Changing flight mode mid-flight

I (an many others on the internet) would like to have a way to change flight modes mid-flight, whether on stock Tx or any other Tx.

Reason: I want to practice in expert mode, but would love a "save me" feature for when things go awry, similar to how my Blade 180 Qx works. I have dumped far too much money into this Xtreme due to crashes that would have been avoided altogether if I could have switched into beginner or sport mode.

Is there a firmware fix? Firmware SDK? What options do I have? Thanks!

Thanks for joining in. Let me reply to your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by mangusman07 View Post
    I (an many others on the internet) would like to have a way to change flight modes mid-flight, whether on stock Tx or any other Tx.
    You can do that with PPM set-up. However, it is not at all recommended to switch from Expert Mode back to Sport Mode, since unlike the Blade 180 QX, the Xtreme's acceleration sensor is fully switched off while in Expert Mode, thus you won't be able to switch back to Sport Mode since the Xtreme would not have any reference data concerning its current flight angle.

We decided to turn the Expert Mode into a real Expert Mode, thus the acceleration sensor is OFF! The Blade 180 QX keeps them turned on as it appears.

Quote Originally Posted by mangusman07 View Post
    Is there a firmware fix? Firmware SDK? What options do I have? Thanks!
    There is no fix as this has been intended this way. The Xtreme performs like a CP helicopter in Expert Mode. Your only option is to continue to practice orientation and hover in all 4 directions until you feel fully confident before moving on to acrobatic maneuvers.

We do not provide a SDK for the Xtreme.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

Attention Need Help With Stock Transmitter Reset, mode 2

Help Matt,

I put fresh coppertop batteries in the transmitter and followed the reset instructions, but here's what happens. I remove the batteries for at least a minute, then press and hold the off/on and mode buttons at the same time while inserting the batteries. The instructions then say to move the sticks to all positions then center them with throttle at zero. Come on, Matt, throttle is not zero at mid-positions, it's zero a full down position. Secondly, should I be still holding the power and mode buttons down and move the sticks at the same time? I never saw the words to release those buttons after inserting new batteries and hearing the beep.

I succeeded in binding to the Xtreme, and activated the motors without a problem, then took off and made sure it flew fine. Then, while outside, I hit the mode button twice to switch to sport mode, and nothing happened. No beep, or beep beep, or beep beep beep! Hmmm, I was still able to fly, but it was still in beginner mode. I landed it and disconnected the quad's battery, then hit the off button on the transmitter. Nothing happened! No beep or double beep. The mode button was completely dead also. I removed the transmitter batteries and inserted new ones, just in case. A short time later, it beeped, and both buttons worked as per the manual. I tried the quad again, and had to bind again. Then the same issues occurred.

I'm at a total loss, and this is brand new! I just bought it 2 days ago. I've tried holding both buttons while inserting the batteries, keeping them pressed while circling the sticks, as well as releasing the buttons, then circling the sticks.

The manual says not to use rechargeable batteries because of the 1.2v of rechargeable batteries, but the original batteries were heavy duty, not alkaline batteries. What about alkaline batteries. I'm at a total loss, so please help.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredBob View Post
    Help Matt,

Come on, Matt, throttle is not zero at mid-positions, it's zero a full down position. Secondly, should I be still holding the power and mode buttons down and move the sticks at the same time?
    It is mentioned (notice the "and"): Bring sticks to mid-position and throttle to 0

In other words, all sticks to center, while keeping throttle at zero. Rudder center, aileron and elevator center (e.g. mode 2).
    Sorry if it is confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredBob View Post

I succeeded in binding to the Xtreme, and activated the motors without a problem, then took off and made sure it flew fine. Then, while outside, I hit the mode button twice to switch to sport mode, and nothing happened. No beep, or beep beep, or beep beep beep! Hmmm, I was still able to fly, but it was still in beginner mode. I landed it and disconnected the quad's battery, then hit the off button on the transmitter. Nothing happened! No beep or double beep. The mode button was completely dead also. I removed the transmitter batteries and inserted new ones, just in case. A short time later, it beeped, and both buttons worked as per the manual. I tried the quad again, and had to bind again. Then the same issues occurred.
    You can't change the mode while flying. Land and change the mode (while throttle at zero). Hope it helps.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

Thanks Matt, but it's still confusing. Mode 2 throttle stick is the left stick. If you move it to mid position, meaning up/down/center, that's not zero throttle. The zero position is full down. Do you mean to place it in mid throttle, then move it fully down in a sequence? I've also had the stock transmitter suddenly getting no beeps for mode change with the quad on the ground, and no beep when hitting the off/on button. Making sure the motors were stopped, I disconnected the lipo, and then the transmitter off made no sound after sever presses. I reconnected the lipo, and motor activation worked fine and quad flew fine. I left the lipo connected and tried to turn the transmitter off. Still no sound and still could fly. All these tests of the transmitter were in beginner mode. It's raining today, but should stop this morning and I'll try more tests this afternoon.

Many thanks for your reply.

Bob