Thread: Eye One S drifting severly to the left

Eye One S drifting severly to the left

Hi All,

[Correction the subject line should say to the left, not right. LOL]

I am new to quadcopter. I bought a RC Logger Eye One S a few weeks back. Have been practicing flying and gotten better. Then I got cocky over the weekend.

I crashed my Eye One S big time - damaged the front right and back left rotors, and the dome cover. I taped up the dome with packing tape and replace the rotors.

Now it "drifts" to the left - I mean once it takes over about 3 or 4 feet above the ground and it goes to the left with increasing speed. And I noticed I cannot correct the drifting even with the right stick "cranking all the way to the right".

I also tried to reset the gyro flight leveling sensor as per the operating instructions as follows:

1. Place the RC EYE One S onto an as flat as possible level surface.
    2. Power on the transmitter, while the flight battery is connected.
    3. Keep throttle and rudder stick at zero and move the aileron / elevator (nick, roll) to full top right position.
    4. Hold the sticks at this position until the transmitter sounds an acoustic signal and the RC EYE One S status LED turns solid.
    5. The calibration has been completed, no drift should be observed. In case the RC EYE One S still drifts the sensor may be defective or vibrations still remain. Please continue to replace all 4 motors until level flight can be performed.

When I tried the above steps the first time, at step #4 the LED did not turn solid. It was blinking green.

I replaced all four blades and all four rotors. Repeat the resetting gyro steps. Same thing step #4 ... LED did not turn solid.

Any suggestion?

Thank you in advance.

Is your RC EYE One S a Mode 1 or Mode 2 version? For Mode 1 version the gyro reset procedure is different.
    Did you ever make use of the gyro reset procedure previously and did it work at that time?

Sometimes you may need to "find" the correct corner position (for mode 2 top right corner of aileron and elevator) until you actually hit the correct spot to get the gyro to reset. Keep trying - you may have not been at the correct spot with your right stick (mode 2).

If the top LED does not go green solid for a short moment the gyro reset did not work. However, it should work just fine. I believe you will just need to try to find the correct spot.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

Thumbs Up Gyro Reset

Quote Originally Posted by MatLi View Post
    Is your RC EYE One S a Mode 1 or Mode 2 version? For Mode 1 version the gyro reset procedure is different.
    Did you ever make use of the gyro reset procedure previously and did it work at that time?

Sometimes you may need to "find" the correct corner position (for mode 2 top right corner of aileron and elevator) until you actually hit the correct spot to get the gyro to reset. Keep trying - you may have not been at the correct spot with your right stick (mode 2).

If the top LED does not go green solid for a short moment the gyro reset did not work. However, it should work just fine. I believe you will just need to try to find the correct spot.
    Hello Chris,

I owe you a Starbucks Frappuccino, my friend. Mine is a Mode 2. I tried your suggestion and I found the "sweet spot". And success!!!

I am flying again (no pun intented). Thank you again.

Branden