Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Info] RC EYE Navigator 250

Attention [Info] RC EYE Navigator 250

In addition to what has been posted over at RCGroups.Com we have just opened this new section to allow users to discuss the Navigator 250 development and product release within the RC Logger community.

Detailed product information will be made available shortly. Just head over to RCGroups and read what has been posted so far. The thread is located here.

Awaiting your kind participation.

Hey Chris,

Something I have been wondering about the last few days is what type of camera is going to be built in? Is it going to be CMOS or CCD?

Jamie, the Navigator's vision system is powered by Fat Shark. We are cooperating with them. We will use a customized version of the following model:

http://www.fatshark.com/uploads/pdf/1743-1.pdf
    Last edited by MatLi; 28.08.2014 at 21:04.

Man, this thing looks sooooooo sexy.

How about pan/tilt?

Quote Originally Posted by MatLi View Post
    Jamie, the Navigator's vision system is powered by Fat Shark. We are cooperating with them. We will use a customized version of the following model:

http://www.fatshark.com/uploads/pdf/1743-1.pdf
    Thanks Chris, for that info. I knew it was going to be Fat Shark compatible via VtX but wasn't sure about the camera specs. I really dig that little camera in terms of being able to record directly to SD.

I'd really love to see it come with a CCD sensor rather than CMOS. It's a great deal better in all aspects in terms of quality video/smoothness, shutter etc. Especially for FPV flight it would be a night and day difference with two of the same camera's side by side with the two different sensors. A CCD sensor could make a huge difference in the stock camera. Just something I've been thinking about since it is going to be a FPV focused craft. Also it would once again add another layer of innovation. There are very few CCD FPV camera's on the market as most are still using CMOS. I don't have tons of knowledge in this area, but really don't think it would require much of anything to use CCD instead.

Also this has been a big discussion in a circle of friends that are all into FPV racing and have really been wishing for a CCD option. I'd think that alone would be a strong selling point.

Here's a nice video showing the effect of props in the using the 2 different sensors:

Really have to get me one of those! Good job guys!

But what I'm not getting.. why only a 720HD camera and no 1080FHD? The Navigator is making big steps into the future, but aren't you taking a few steps back on the camera with a 720HD?

The integrated camera is for FPV purpose (produced by Fat Shark) and the best what FPV has to offer today. A second camera can be attached easily for the purpose of FHD recording. The Navigator is able to lift both cameras with ease even including a gimbal.

Bear in mind that most FPV video is roughly equivalent to old VHS cassettes. Not even DVD! Without an onboard recording device, anything more than 720p would be overkill. Rather than include a heavy recording unit, it's better (in my opinion, at least) to let the end user figure out that part for themselves and provide additional payload capacity as a result.

Ok, that's clear! An onboard FPV camera AND able to carry a gimbal + camera.. Hurry up the process ;-)