Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [Info] RC EYE Navigator 250

I actually prefer the flat surfaces that were dominant in the previous version. It looked mean, it looked like it meant business, and it offered plenty of space for people to glue stuff to with crazy angles.

This version is more... friendly, more toy-like. Is there a render with it folded up?

The front is "softer" because the camera had to be moved forward to allow a clear camera field of view. I believe we should be able to get a rendering prepared with the legs folded up. Wait for it

The main adjustment for this version is the battery tray as well as the "inside" construction which we can't really share at this stage. But we will soon. What is still missing with the current rendering is the rear LED as well as the GPS antenna and the attachable LED mod for each arm.

The next set of renderings may reveal more.

Ah, I see! Cool, I look forward to the new renders.

The other thing I forgot to mention applies to the previous version as well: It doesn't really look 'related' to the NovaX, not in the same family. It does use the same firmware, right?

Perhaps with a more pronounced 'jaw' so that it looks more like the NovaX from the front? Or a narrower/slimmer body? Dunno lol, I just woke up.

Yes, understand your point. The flight controller and firmware are both based on the NovaX 350, yes. However, the firmware will be adjusted to best match the application. The NovaX isn't (and was never) really intended as FPV racer, thus design may differ significantly. Still, you should clearly recognize the brand behind the product since we go our "own" way rather than doing what everyone else does and has been doing, either to copy a DJI type of concept or throw in just another boring carbon frame (which we could have done - faster and much cheaper - but it's just too simple we think).

We took the challenge not only a few steps further but a large step up. Risky - yes - but worth every single moment of our development time and team devotion; commitment to our brand.

I have been showing the design concept to several industry icons, they all communicated unanimously saying that our design is as outstanding as all our previous work and our designs are maturing from generation to generation in terms of not only looks but moreover functional wise, reliability wise and in its maintainability.

Am I dreaming - no - I am falling in love all over again - it's like dating for the first ever time in my life.

OH, I'm in complete agreement. I love RCLogger designs and the philosophy behind them. I don't have and don't want a Phantom, and 95% of the stuff I see on banggood look like factory accidents instead of the result of thoughtful design!

As promised. A few additional renders with arms folded back and legs folded up. Have fun!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	150316_quadcopter-set-rev8-04.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	1741   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	150316_quadcopter-set-rev8-03.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	1739   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	150316_quadcopter-set-rev8-02.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	1737  

Looks great Chris! really pleased with the overall changes. What I love about all of the new designs is the perfect implementation of just the right amount of CF verse going all carbon fiber or all plastic. Definitely a RC Logger trademark.

Wow! That's looking fantastic! Really a sharp look
    Go big, fly hard.

Looking great. I'm confused, I love my little eox and the NovaX350 would be a big step so I am holding out for the 250 where I hope to get the most bang for the buck with fvp and transmitter. I understand that the eox won't bind to your transmitter without buying something and installing it. Would you make it clear what it is, where can I buy it and how is the installation and linking is done to your radio.

Hey Phalpal,

What you need to bind the Xtreme to our new R8 radio is the RR8-TP receiver that is made for this radio system.

Here is a link: http://www.rclogger.com/RC-EYE/Spare...er-RR8-TP.html

This is a PPM receiver. Plugging in this receiver in to the PPM port of the Xtreme and performing the transmitter learning sequence (found in the Xtreme user manual under the PPM Receiver section) is all you need to do. Then you'll be able to fly the Xtreme with the R8 radio.

Something else to note is the R8 radio that comes with the NovaX has a spring loaded throttle for use of midstick with the NovaX. It can still be used this way with the Xtreme (will be helpful for altitude hold), but does also offer the part needed to remove the spring and set the stick as a standard transmitter.