Thread: RC Eye One goes nuts on PPM

RC Eye One goes nuts on PPM

Hi,

I use my new Eye One Xtreme via PPM with a Graupner MX12 Hott transmitter and a Graupner GR12 receiver which delivers SUMO on CH6.
    All goes well as long as I don't pass 75% of the stick travel on elevator and aileron.
    If I do, the EOX goes nuts, the motors go out of control and it crashes immediately.
    I now have limited the stick travel electronically to 75% and it flies ok but I guess I'm missing some steering capabilities now.
    Strangely, the throttle stick can be set to 100% travel without any problem.

Is this a known problem? Is there a cure for it?

Many thanks for your help.
    Last edited by brunob; 08.02.2015 at 10:01.

Hey brunob,

This is not a known issue that I have heard of elsewhere, however I also don't know of a lot of Xtreme flyers using a Graupner Tx either as it is a newer line of products.

A few things to check:

-Did you start with a fresh model when setting up the Xtreme?
    -Did you make sure all trims and subtrims were set to center and also channels were set to 100% at setup?
    -Make sure there is no mixing setup anywhere in your menu's

Please update with status and see if we can figure this out.

Regards,
    Jamie

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for your prompt reply.
    After some more investigation, I'm not sure anymore it was an EOX fault after all.
    I think what certainly played a role were some incorrectly programmed switches. The switch levels can be programmed and I think one setting was too close to the edge between "normal flight" and "acrobatic".
    After the crash I tested the EOX while holding it in my hand and it looked like it went totally berzerk. What I think happened is that it went to acrobatic mode (because of the switch problem) trying to do a flip but of course it coudn't because I was holding it so it kept trying...
    I checked the PPM pulsetrain entering the EOX with an oscilloscope and it looks pretty clean all the time.
    Anyway, I corrected the switch problem, I set the sticks (servos) to a full 100% travel again and I did some succesfull testflights without issues. The thing is flying M-A-R-V-E-L-O-U-S. Touch wood...
    What I also (unwillingly) tested was customer support ;-) and that was a positive experience too. Thanks for that!
    Last edited by brunob; 13.02.2015 at 18:42.

Hi Brunob,

Glad that your enjoying your Xtreme! Great work Jamie!

Enjoy your flying!

Adam
    Go big, fly hard.

Hey brunob,

Just wanted to drop in and check to see how everything is going with your Xtreme. So glad you got everything situated and are up and flying. Also thank you for your positive thoughts on the Xtreme. It is my favorite flyer and even after owning for nearly a year it still gets a flight or two almost daily.

Also don't ever hesitate to use our customer support. We are here to assist you and help in anyway we can.

Regards,
    Jamie