Thread: RC Eye One S does not take off

RC Eye One S does not take off

My RC Eye One S does not take off. The propellers spin and then it flips over. Within a minute, the battery dies. It looked like the black R motor was causing the problem so I replaced it. Even with the new motor, the same problem occurs. I have only flown it a few times. It crashed a few times but not very hard. My son and I are feeling both disappointed and eager. Do you have any suggestions?

Hi there.

I assume you already try to reset the gyro and made sure that the propellers are installed correctly (there are CW and CCW propellers)?

In case the gyro has already been reset according to instructions and propellers are 100% mounted correct I would suggest to replace the FC board. For instance, it could have gotten damaged due to high motor current. This typically happens if the unit crashed and the pilot did not hold the throttle stick firmly down at zero following the crash, having the motors still running, tangled inside a curtain or against a carpet or similar. Such incident, even if it initially appears to be a rather soft crash, can still harm the FC. Of course this is just one potential scenario.

I did not reset the gyro. I did check the propellers. I'll reset the gyro and let you know how it goes. If that doesn't solve the problem, I'll look into replacing the FC board. However, I recall reading that they are not available, so I would need to buy a new RC Eye One S. Is that true?

Thanks for the help.

Tod

Hi Tod. The gyro reset should do the job unless the FC is in fact damaged. Usually we do not offer the FC as a standalone part for the One S as it requires soldering work which is not easy to perform.

Have you replaced the props? And if so are you positive that they are the correct orientation? Orientation of props can cause confusion and I have very often seen this be the cause of units flipping over if they have already performed a gyro reset and this didn't fix the issue. Please keep us updated so we can hopefully get you back up and flying your EYE One S.