Thread: RC EYE One Xtreme v33 Update Proposal

RC EYE One Xtreme v33 Update Proposal

I'd love to see a v33 update/board for the EOX.

What I've seen around the forums and what I myself want have been compiled in this list of changes for the new v33 board.

1) Standard battery connector (JST/x60)

2) Connection port for firmware flash/update/parameter tweaks (miniUSB/microUSB)

3) Revise LED behavior to be default SOLID when on and flashing when Low Battery Status.

4) Improve behavior of accelerometer/gyro to prevent issues with drift after long flight sessions
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=20542

5) Update Rx hardware/firmware to support both original EOX transmitter and new NovaX transmitter

6) Update Rx hardware/firmware to increase sensitivity [diversity antenna]

7) Implement new flight mode: Sport+
    Sport+ would be the full sensitivity/rates/settings of the Expert mode, but with Self Leveling enabled.

8) Update FCB to enable bi-directional communication with the new NovaX transmitter, providing telemetry basics to the Transmitter (voltage, current, total drawn current, RSSI, RPM?, barometric sensor readout, gyro/accel readout)

9) Update FCB to include Bluetooth hardware to be compatible with the NovaX Bluetooth configuration app.

10) Update FCB to ensure that the gyro/accel always know where level is, and that the flight modes can be SAFELY toggled at any time, even during flight. This feature on my Dromida Ominus allows me to toggle off Expert mode instantly and have the FCB level the quad and "save" it.

These features, to me, would resolve much of the complaints I've seen levied against the EOX, and would in my eyes make it a much more ideal/attractive platform.
    Last edited by Saijin_Naib; 18.07.2015 at 10:07.

Hey Saijin,

Keep your eye out for the Xtreme Pro we will be releasing in the future. I think it will tick all of the boxes you have listed above and then some.

How in the future are we talking?

Also, what will the price point be for that? Is it meant to retire the EOX and occupy the approximate same price point, or will it be much further upmarket?

Sounds promising! I guess I'll keep my Ominus alive for a while longer and wait out the arrival of the EOXP, if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib View Post
    How in the future are we talking?

Also, what will the price point be for that? Is it meant to retire the EOX and occupy the approximate same price point, or will it be much further upmarket?

Sounds promising! I guess I'll keep my Ominus alive for a while longer and wait out the arrival of the EOXP, if I can.
    Preliminary drawings are under way for design of the Xtreme Pro - I am sure once more data is available you will see it here, and on the RCG forum! Other information like price point has yet to be determined.

Thanks,

Adam
    Go big, fly hard.

11) Ability to set rates on the controller. I find it kind of disappointing that the EOX has such limited inclination angles in Sport mode when compared to my Ominus in Normal mode. I can get nearly -90deg inclination with full forward aileron and make some cool dives, but the EOX seems like it caps out around -20deg with full forward aileron.