Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X3 Gimbal Configuration software

X3 Gimbal Configuration software

Could you please make available the configuration software for the X3 Gimbal that allows you to change the default pitch/roll settings for when the gimbal is powered up. I would like to set it to tilt slightly on power on and don't want to keep remembering to alter it on the transmitter every time.

I tried downloading the mini 3d software from feiyu but it wouldn't connect when connecting vie the supplied USB cable and connector.

Also could you please post more detailed instructions on how to change between the 3 different modes that are available, I would like to try each and see what I get.

At the moment it looks like you have to connect the brown and black connector to the gimbal x port on the main board instead of the blue cable connector, but how then do you use the transmitter to change modes?

I posted in the Novax 350 group as there isn't a X3 discussion group yet.

Thanks

we are hungry for more info :-) but I do love the gimbal.

Im waiting to update for copter , this is important then one can also gimbal full control

But you only get the answer, when it s done it s done, first in early August, then mid August, then comes the end of August, which is the answer nexte be September? Most pilots are upset

Maxhex,

I am sorry but I do not know what you referring to in regards to most pilots being upset. We follow very closely on all forums and I am not aware of any pilots that are upset in regards to the next firmware update release. Chris has been clear before in his response and it still stands. We are not willing to release something until it has passed our level of expectation completely. We will not ever compromise our products release just to get it out quickly. This has and will always be our procedure. We want to ensure that we release a quality product and any software related releases are 100% tested to the highest level to ensure quality and safety.

Regards,
    Jamie
    Last edited by jlcamp7; 30.08.2015 at 02:28.

Hey hirsti the team is away due to it being the weekend, but I will get in touch to discuss the software on Monday.

In regards to the 3 different modes of the gimbal I will discuss that as well. If using an aftermarket transmitter it would require the use of channel 8 or 9 to setup. As for using the modes with the stock transmitter we will discuss if this is a capability we can add using channel 8 (the second knob) to control this feature.

Sorry I know that doesn't really answer your questions, but just wanted to at least respond to let you know we will update with more information next week.

Regards,
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
    Hey hirsti the team is away due to it being the weekend, but I will get in touch to discuss the software on Monday.

In regards to the 3 different modes of the gimbal I will discuss that as well. If using an aftermarket transmitter it would require the use of channel 8 or 9 to setup. As for using the modes with the stock transmitter we will discuss if this is a capability we can add using channel 8 (the second knob) to control this feature.

Sorry I know that doesn't really answer your questions, but just wanted to at least respond to let you know we will update with more information next week.

Regards,
    Jamie
    Hi Jamie
    that would be great for the second knob to control the modes I hope this comes to pass.
    thanks for all the info you have given

Jim

Dear Maxhex.

This thread is related to the X3 gimbal. Please post your comments into the correct thread or open a new thread in order to keep this forum well organized. We do not want to move or delete your posts, so please pay additional attention. Appreciated!

Actually for the new firmware related to T.P.C.S. please post in your previous thread located here. Thank you. Future posts may be deleted or moved if the subject is not related to the actual thread. Thank you for your kind understanding.

I believe we can release the software/driver for the X3 latest by Wednesday this coming week. I'll push for it tomorrow as well. As far as I am concerned it may already be ready but has not been uploaded to the RCL website. We will have that corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxhex2211 View Post
    But you only get the answer, when it s done it s done, first in early August, then mid August, then comes the end of August, which is the answer nexte be September? Most pilots are upset
    Dear Maxhex.

Yes, correct, we will release the new firmware as soon as it has passed all testing.

We will not release any firmware which has not been fully tested and is, to our best knowledge, not free of any serious issues which may cause harm to people or property. Internally the new version is already available. A public release candidate is currently undergoing final release certification. I would like to stress that releasing a firmware for a multi-rotor is a complex task, especially if such multi-rotor works in combination with an App and a firmware. We need to ensure that all potential areas of malfunction are flight tested to our very best ability - anything else is reckless and utterly unconcerned about the consequences, simply irresponsible.

With the new firmware, the NovaX will receive most probably one of the most advanced autonomous flight control ability among its class. Additional new features have been added such as geo fencing, additional RTH customization and improvements to the current public release which already performs outstandingly well (1st product launch release).

Public release candidate version including T.P.C.S. It includes all current functionality besides auto start and auto land.

V1.02 (internal release version for RCL external test pilots)
    - Bugfix: keep position when pause button is pushed while flying in T.P.C.S. mode
    - Enhanced telemetry display update
    - T.P.C.S. communication added
    - T.P.C.S.: start immediately when this or next point is valid
    - T.P.C.S.: when point 1 is not valid and next point is sent. Use next point as current point
    - Geo fencing enabled (height fence and distance fence)
    - Reduced telemetry update rate (from 20Hz to 10Hz)
    - LED board communication via BT added
    - Speed guided flying mode standard in AP mode
    - Height below 0 is not displayed in telemetry page when copter is not flying
    - 2nd telemetry page added
    - Additional RTH settings added

Note: If you have any questions related to the new firmware please follow this thread.