Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NovaX Firmware Discussion

Idea NovaX Firmware Discussion

[Please use this thread to discuss issues related to the NovaX firmware versions including 1st production release 1.0 and all future versions - Thank you]

The new firmware will be released as soon as it has passed all testing. Please do not ask for any specific release date. You may want to know that we are working very devoted and dedicated to get the new awesome features out to the public as quickly and as responsible as we can.

We will not release any firmware which has not been fully tested and is, to our best knowledge, not free of any serious issues which may cause harm to people or property. Internally the new version is already available. A public release candidate is currently undergoing final release certification. I would like to stress that releasing a firmware for a multi-rotor is a complex task, especially if such multi-rotor works in combination with an App and a firmware. We need to ensure that all potential areas of malfunction are flight tested to our very best ability - anything else is reckless and utterly unconcerned about the consequences, simply irresponsible.

With the new firmware, the NovaX will receive most probably one of the most advanced autonomous flight control ability among its class. Additional new features have been added such as geo fencing, additional RTH customization and improvements to the current public release which already performs outstandingly well (1st product launch release).

Public release candidate version including T.P.C.S. It includes all current functionality besides auto start and auto land.

V1.02 (internal release version for RCL external test pilots)
    - Bugfix: keep position when pause button is pushed while flying in T.P.C.S. mode
    - Enhanced telemetry display update
    - T.P.C.S. communication added
    - T.P.C.S.: start immediately when this or next point is valid
    - T.P.C.S.: when point 1 is not valid and next point is sent. Use next point as current point
    - Geo fencing enabled (height fence and distance fence)
    - Reduced telemetry update rate (from 20Hz to 10Hz)
    - LED board communication via BT added
    - Speed guided flying mode standard in AP mode
    - Height below 0 is not displayed in telemetry page when copter is not flying
    - 2nd telemetry page added
    - Additional RTH settings added

Questions and comments welcome.

ich fliege pro tag 1-2 h. und es wird langsam sehr langweilig. ich habe kurzzeitig für 4 Wochen den iris + von 3dr gehabt. daher bin ich viel mit autonomen fliegen geflogen und es machte mega spaß die pixhawk Steuerung ist in der Beziehung toll und man konnte auch viele Einstellung im system machen, und ich wollte jetzt natürlich endlich mit den <Novax auch so fliegen deswegen hatte ich in zum zweiten mal gekauft. ich weis nicht ob ich noch ein externer pilot bei euch bin.

Was kann man in der APP jetzt verändert an Parameter und in welcher größe

Hi Maxhex2211,

you may not have yet noticed, but although MatLi surely speaks German, most of the other folks participating in these threads do NOT. I have seen you post in german all over the place here at the RCLogger Forum, with the RC-Logger Team being too polite to mention this (or maybe to busy to care, I don't know). If it HAS to be german, ok for me. But why not post MatLi a private message in german or participate in a german forum instead of floating the NovaX forum with postings most of the community cannot understand....?

So I suggest you either post in english or you post not at all. For me, just a matter of courtesy and common sense.

Just my 50 cent.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxhex2211 View Post
    Was kann man in der APP jetzt verändert an Parameter und in welcher größe

when you send a private message you get no response

can indeed go on google translator

Quote Originally Posted by Maxhex2211 View Post
    when you send a private message you get no response

Dear Maxhex.

The last message you posted to me directly was merely an information and did not really prompt me to post a response as there was no question. Best is of course to keep the communication public and in English since such procedure keeps other readers informed as well. Personally I use private messaging only if the actual message is truly related to private non public issues or of confidential, critical concerns. I can't always entertain all messages on the spot and sometimes they may even get lost in the sheer amount of messages I receive.

So best - keep it public and English - very much appreciated. I would say please keep this thread's topic and let us discuss firmware matters.

Quote Originally Posted by MatLi View Post
    The new firmware will be released as soon as it has passed all testing. Please do not ask for any specific release date. You may want to know that we are working very devoted and dedicated to get the new awesome features out to the public as quickly and as responsible as we can.

We will not release any firmware which has not been fully tested and is, to our best knowledge, not free of any serious issues which may cause harm to people or property. Internally the new version is already available. A public release candidate is currently undergoing final release certification. I would like to stress that releasing a firmware for a multi-rotor is a complex task, especially if such multi-rotor works in combination with an App and a firmware. We need to ensure that all potential areas of malfunction are flight tested to our very best ability - anything else is reckless and utterly unconcerned about the consequences, simply irresponsible.

With the new firmware, the NovaX will receive most probably one of the most advanced autonomous flight control ability among its class. Additional new features have been added such as geo fencing, additional RTH customization and improvements to the current public release which already performs outstandingly well (1st product launch release).

Public release candidate version including T.P.C.S. It includes all current functionality besides auto start and auto land.

V1.02 (internal release version for RCL external test pilots)
    - Bugfix: keep position when pause button is pushed while flying in T.P.C.S. mode
    - Enhanced telemetry display update
    - T.P.C.S. communication added
    - T.P.C.S.: start immediately when this or next point is valid
    - T.P.C.S.: when point 1 is not valid and next point is sent. Use next point as current point
    - Geo fencing enabled (height fence and distance fence)
    - Reduced telemetry update rate (from 20Hz to 10Hz)
    - LED board communication via BT added
    - Speed guided flying mode standard in AP mode
    - Height below 0 is not displayed in telemetry page when copter is not flying
    - 2nd telemetry page added
    - Additional RTH settings added

Questions and comments welcome.

Hi Chris,

do you have any news or updates for us concerning firmware and app update as well as the X3 gimbal software?

A brief feedback would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Greets,

Frank

Dear Frank.

It has been a huge frustration to see the information flowing so very slow and having to pull all bits and pieces from the engineers noses, even that I am constantly reminding them to keep an active communication flow. I am actually rather disappointed at the moment since my request for information drops against a solid concrete wall it appears. I am frustrated not being able to keep our promise. It is killing me and will sure influence the future direction and my willingness to provide further support to the team.

On a good note, the X3 software should be ready today. I just installed it on my PC yesterday and was additionally informed that it should be released shortly. Apparently there was a "cosmetic" concern which kept the X3 software from being released.

For the firmware I am not going to comment - since I am very frustrated - until the team realises my frustration and actually starts to communicate reliable features and release dates in black and white. On another good note, the App has been released internally, for both iOS and Android, has many more new features added as well. External testing continues. Apparently TPCS is included in the latest internal firmware test version (public release candidate). I was informed that it should make it by end of the month - but don't count on my words since the team has failed to provide me a feature and schedule overview.

I'll try to push for an answer today - and keep you posted. Maybe the team finally understands that sharing information is essential and a core in any business operations, but of course, share, promise and keep the promise. As we say in Germany, "Melden macht frei". I hope that this arrives in each of RCLs' team members head sooner or later - maybe even just a screenshot - just something.

I am tired of having to pull it out of noses over and over again.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)