Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Data-Link Module

Thumbs Up Just days away. Trial production run completed.

Good news The trial production run of our new data-link module, aka "autopilot", has been completed. We are ready and set to release this new accessory together with the much anticipated NovaX 350 firmware version v2.0 which adds complete autonomous capabilities to this already outstanding multi-rotor platform, adding T.P.C.S. and other functions in addition to the new features added with version v1.5 due for release in the next couple of days.

NovaX Firmware History (in short):

v1.0 First Production Release
    v1.5 Adds support for the Illumination Kit, new RTH settings, Geo Fencing, 2nd telemetry page and other enhancements.
    v2.0 Adds support for the Data-Link Module (Autopilot), T.P.C.S. and related functions
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RCL_DATALINK-AUTOP.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	2117  

Looks awesome Chris!

looking good can't wait ;-)

Hey Z,

I can check to confirm, but I'm pretty sure when we launch V2.0 which is soon, is when we will also make the Data-Link module available as well.

Sorry, know it's not an exact date or anything.

I will updated you with anything differently.

Regards,
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
    Hey Z,

I can check to confirm, but I'm pretty sure when we launch V2.0 which is soon, is when we will also make the Data-Link module available as well.

Sorry, know it's not an exact date or anything.

I will updated you with anything differently.

Regards,
    Jamie
    thanks Jamie

Hi,

I amfacing several issue binding my datalink with phones. Is there any tutorial in you tube vimeo is blocked in Indonesia.
    Current config :
    samsung S6 / android 6.0.1 / eye control apps 2.11
    Iphone SE ios 9.3.2 (13F69) / eye control Apps V2.12

NovaX updated to 2.0
    TX Updated 1.1 24-07-2015

Issue:
    Eye apps paired with NovaX
    Calibrated Gyro / Compass. Issue arise when pairing TX, it stops at selcting Mode 1 or 2 for throttle.
    When i select Mode 2, it staes configuring then nothing happens.
    When i click Mode 2 again it ask to reboot the NovaX.

When i click back an]d select task point. I was asked to pair DATALINK. And it cant be paired. Dunno, dunno how,help ?

I have installed and uninstalled several times even upgrating tx and NovaX.
    No better results... Help...

Hey naatio,

Welcome to the RC Logger forums. Thanks for reaching out to us. Hopefully we can get you up and flying quickly.

Looks like you are good to go in terms of getting everything updated. One question I have is have/had you flown the unit before updating or did you choose to update before flying? I only ask as this gives me a little more perspective on where we are at. If you've flown it before and used the app any before the update then we at least know it was all working correctly before update, if not that's okay too. Just wanting to get perspective to best assist you.

Following updating the transmitter and NovaX 350 did you rebind your transmitter and receiver on the NovaX?

If you haven't done this this will be required to move forward with the learning mode on the app: (please note the whole video doesn't need to be watched, just the portion regarding how to bind, the video should start at this point)
    https://youtu.be/QAIOho_vN8E?t=298

If you've already bound and found you are having issues you might also want to try doing the calibration procedure manually using the option button found on the NovaX flight controller. Here is directions on how to perform this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgpJtDj43LM

In regards to the Task Point pairing, this video walks through the process for getting you bound to the Data-Link module:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTib7_heT5w

Please let me know if any of these steps work in getting you going. We definitely want to ensure that you are able to be up and flying the NovaX 350 as quickly as possible and will be here to help in any way we can to assist you in getting you going.

If you need assistance via video Skype we can make that available as well.

Regards,
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
    Hey naatio,

Welcome to the RC Logger forums. Thanks for reaching out to us. Hopefully we can get you up and flying quickly.

Looks like you are good to go in terms of getting everything updated. One question I have is have/had you flown the unit before updating or did you choose to update before flying? I only ask as this gives me a little more perspective on where we are at. If you've flown it before and used the app any before the update then we at least know it was all working correctly before update, if not that's okay too. Just wanting to get perspective to best assist you.

Following updating the transmitter and NovaX 350 did you rebind your transmitter and receiver on the NovaX?

If you haven't done this this will be required to move forward with the learning mode on the app: (please note the whole video doesn't need to be watched, just the portion regarding how to bind, the video should start at this point)
    https://youtu.be/QAIOho_vN8E?t=298

If you've already bound and found you are having issues you might also want to try doing the calibration procedure manually using the option button found on the NovaX flight controller. Here is directions on how to perform this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgpJtDj43LM

In regards to the Task Point pairing, this video walks through the process for getting you bound to the Data-Link module:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTib7_heT5w

Please let me know if any of these steps work in getting you going. We definitely want to ensure that you are able to be up and flying the NovaX 350 as quickly as possible and will be here to help in any way we can to assist you in getting you going.

If you need assistance via video Skype we can make that available as well.

Regards,
    Jamie

Hi,

Thank you for the video but it dosnt work too...

I tried rebinding / upgrarde again unit and tx too. The only light is red flashing on the novaX and the tx keep on bonding mode continuously.

No sign of connecting and now there is beeping from the tx...

Hey nnatio,

Sorry to hear that none of this is working. So you've tried the manual procedure and still that isn't working?

As for the Tx did you turn it off and back on?

From where and when did you purchase this NovaX 350?

I would be glad to setup a Skype session to assist you in getting your NovaX 350 and/or troubleshooting for any issue.

Also if you would like you can setup a support ticket with us as well if that would be helpful at:

http://support.rclogger.com

We definitely want to work to get you up and flying ASAP. Please let me know what would be best for you.

Regards,
    Jamie