Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NovaX 350 Firmware 1.5 public release now available!

NovaX 350 Firmware 1.5 public release now available!

RC Logger has been working hard behind the scenes, and the team is proud to present the latest NovaX 350 Firmware version 1.5 public release.

A document explaining the new features, and descriptions has been created to fully explain all the enhancements:
    RC EYE NovaX 350_Firmware_v1.5_20151110 (2) (1).pdf

Among some of these enhancements we have included
    Geo fencing options that can be enabled via the Eye Control app!
    Height fence, and Distance fence settings can now be added to give you the user full control of your NovaX!
    Speed guided flying (Formally AP bank) for GPS mode is another great addition. This function allows for consistent speed flying allowing greater control, especially for those of you flying the new X3 gimbal!
    Not to mention adding in feature for the Illumination kit, a new automatic X3 gimbal calibration! The list of features goes on and on!

We have also created a video series showing how to install this firmware to your NovaX 350:

https://vimeo.com/143193108

Additionally we have created a comprehensive video explaining the main features included in the firmware release.

https://vimeo.com/144318550

In order to maximize your experience with the new NovaX 350 firmware please be sure to update the firmware on your stock R8 transmitter. New telemetry features are available.

https://vimeo.com/144410922

For all you AP buff's the new firmware also includes a one time manual calibration, and an automated X3 calibration mode that is triggered when you first power your NovaX. Be sure to check this video!

https://vimeo.com/144167022

And to wrap it all up, the new Eye Control app is now available for download through either Google Play store for android users, or iTunes for Apple users!

The Eye Loader software required for flashing your new NovaX Firmware can be found HERE

Direct NovaX 350 Firmware 1.5 download can be found HERE

R8 transmitter upgrade pack can be found HERE

If you have any questions, please kindly create a ticket through http://support.rclogger.com/
    Last edited by Adam.RCLogger; 18.11.2015 at 08:55. Reason: X3 video explanation clarified
    Go big, fly hard.

very cool thanks. did the update and everything works and the android app works great to. I did notice that when I first plugged in the gimbal that it rocks forward and backward till I start the motors then it locks in.
    Last edited by zimmy1958; 10.11.2015 at 23:13.

Hey Z, great to hear that you got everything updated without any issues.

Looking forward to feedback from NovaX owners on the new changes. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy1958 View Post
    very cool thanks. did the update and everything works and the android app works great to. I did notice that when I first plugged in the gimbal that it rocks forward and backward till I start the motors then it locks in.
    Hi Zimmy,

that seems to be EXACTLY my problem (at least a part of it)! I have posted an extensive description on rcgroups.com, here is the link:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=702

To be honest, since the gimbal continued to rock foward and backward forever, I did not even dare fire up the motors....so I don't know whether my motors would have started and the gimbal would have stopped, I have to check this....

So the continuously tilting gimbal does not seem to be a single case....

@RC Logger - Team: In the movie of Adam, the gimbal is also rolling back and forth and initializes...but it only does this once and then stays put. If Zimmys gimbal is also continuously rocking back and forth (until he starts the motors), it seems that my problem concerning this is not a single case or coincidents....Maybe this fact might be a clue to a possible explanation...?

However, I am sure that the gimbal did NOT behave like this PRIOR to the 1.5 firmware update.
    And after having watched Adam's video on the topic, I expected my NovaX to go into the "gimbal-mode" with the LEDs turning yellow....but the NovaX keeps on blinking blue on front and rear LEDs rapidly.

Strange enough, my additional problem seems to be that I cannot switch through the flight modes anymore, which was possible before updating the NovaX firmware to 1.5...

Anyway, I WILL figure this one out and report back. Any help highly appreciated, of course!

Greetings,

Frank
    Last edited by lordfw3; 11.11.2015 at 20:10.

Frank and Z,

How long are you waiting on the gimbal to lock in. Although in the video it showcases it locking after moving up and down only once, sometimes it will do this process a number of times before the gimbal locks in place.

Also could you please confirm that your blue wire coming from the gimbal is plugged into Port Y and in the correct spot, Also is the white cable plugged into Port X?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 8.44.54 AM.png 
Views:	96 
Size:	504.8 KB 
ID:	2134

Please try removing the white wire from Port X and see if you have the same occurrence.

As for the Yellow LED notification shown in the video, you will not receive this yet. It will be an option in the next app update release with the option to turn on. So the fact that you are having the standard LED after start up is nothing to be concerned about.

We are taking the issues you guys are having very serious and our whole team has been notified in order for us to ensure we quickly find the solution to your experience.

Please however first try the noted steps above.

Regards,
    Jamie
    Last edited by jlcamp7; 11.11.2015 at 23:27.

Hey Frank and Z,

Just to confirm do you have the RC Logger X3 gimbal or the Feiyu Tech version of the gimbal?

Quote Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
    Frank and Z,

How long are you waiting on the gimbal to lock in. Although in the video it showcases it locking after moving up and down only once, sometimes it will do this process a number of times before the gimbal locks in place.

Also could you please confirm that your blue wire coming from the gimbal is plugged into Port Y and in the correct spot, Also is the white cable plugged into Port X?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 8.44.54 AM.png 
Views:	96 
Size:	504.8 KB 
ID:	2134

Please try removing the white wire from Port X and see if you have the same occurrence.

As for the Yellow LED notification shown in the video, you will not receive this yet. It will be an option in the next app update release with the option to turn on. So the fact that you are having the standard LED after start up is nothing to be concerned about.

We are taking the issues you guys are having very serious and our whole team has been notified in order for us to ensure we quickly find the solution to your experience.

Please however first try the noted steps above.

Regards,
    Jamie

OK tried resetting wires and the gimbal would rock back and forth for 5 min till I gave up and started motors and all worked great after that. tried many times tilt worked and gimbal worked well after starting motors every time but on first start up it will always do the rocking forever. for me this is not a huge issue just a slight inconvenience. all things work well other than that. hope this info helps you. some how :-)
    this is still the best quad by far that I have owned thanks guys for all that you do

Quote Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
    Hey Frank and Z,

Just to confirm do you have the RC Logger X3 gimbal or the Feiyu Tech version of the gimbal?
    the X3 is the only way to go ;-) and that is what I have.

Oh and I'm using the Turnigy gopro copy camera and it balanced well on the gimbal

Hey Zimmy, thanks for the update. Also got your PM on RCG.

In regards to your experience with the gimbal not locking until engaging the motors we are aware and feel we understand now what is causing this. Essentially some gimbals are displaying different value in the offset outputs then others. This isn't an issue with the gimbal, but rather just the nature of gimbal design.

The gimbal calibration is to designed to measure an offset from the gimbal and then calculate based on those measurements. The fact that your unit isn't engaging just means the offsets are close enough that it's not needing to make any calculated changes. So you are safe to continue to fly the unit and the X3 will engage once you start up the motors (as you have already mentioned).

So your unit should be good to go with no issues or concerns.

Regards,
    Jamie
    Last edited by jlcamp7; 13.11.2015 at 07:29.

Hey Frank,

Please read my posting above to Zimmy in regards to the X3 gimbal. The fact that yours isn't locking upon start up isn't an actual issue but rather just the NovaX not needing to calculate any changes for your unit. Once you engage the motors the gimbal calibration will stop and the X3 will fully engage and perform as usual.

In regards to your transmitter not making changes when flipping the flight mode switch would it be possible for you to shoot a short video going through the transmitter calibration process. The fact that you aren't getting it to switch flight modes is a pretty good indication that possibly something isn't quite right with the transmitter calibration.

Could you possibly perform again and ensure all switches are in the up position before performing the calibration and ensure you are turning the correct knob for channel 8.

Also now that you know the gimbal is okay, see if you can engage the motors with the Transmitter.

Regards,
    Jamie
    Last edited by jlcamp7; 13.11.2015 at 07:30.