Thread: R8 TX Firmware Upgrade not working

R8 TX Firmware Upgrade not working

Hey Guys,

I've been pretty tied up with work the last couple of months and I am just getting around to updating the firmware for my R8 and NovaX. I've tried updating the R8 on 3 different computers and keep getting the "connection failed" message. I have verified the ports through the device manager and they are correct. If I choose another port it says it cannot be opened so it seems like the port assignment is correct. Any ideas?

Regards,

Doug

Hey Doug,

Have you insured that your R8 is in firmware update mode via the menu? I'm guessing you've already watched and followed the instructions but just in case:

https://vimeo.com/144410922

Jamie,

I finally got it to work. I had to plug the usb side of the cable in first, then the mini din connector into the back of the R8 before I start the update. If I do it backwards there is a communication error. Now I need to pair it back to the NovaX and get the quad updated as well. The night flying kit I ordered shows up today!

Hey Doug,

Really glad to hear you got it up and going. Hope you got it bound and are ready to go. I think you will really love the night flying kit. It's a true light show in the sky. And it's blindingly bright.

If you get a chance let us know how it goes and what you think.

Regards,
    Jamie

I will need to try the connection trick mentioned (plug in sequence).... I too keep getting connection failures trying to upgrade r8 firmware on 2 different laptops.

Keep us updated kydawg1. Definitely want to help in getting you updated.

Jamie- by changing the attachment sequence Antiphon... the upgrade process worked.

Awesome great to hear! Enjoy

This little piece of information should be mentioned in instructions or video.Had the same issue till accidentally plugged the computer side first after I used three different computers

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceship View Post
    This little piece of information should be mentioned in instructions or video.Had the same issue till accidentally plugged the computer side first after I used three different computers
    Hey Spaceship,

I am sorry to hear of the issue's that occurred with getting the firmware upgraded. Thank you for sharing this information as you are correct. We will discuss with our team to update the manual to include these specific steps in more detail within the manual to be a better help to the user when performing updates.

Glad you did get it upgraded and hope you enjoy using the new firmware.

Regards,
    Jamie