Thread: Turnigy Actio Cam to 5.8 VTX wiring

Turnigy Actio Cam to 5.8 VTX wiring

I have a Turnigy Action Cam and the micro usb cord that is used with it. The wires at the end are labeled AV- (blue), AV+(white), B-(black), B+(red). What wires should connect to what wire going into the 5.8 VTX. I have a battery pack to power the VTX (4AA batteries) if needed. Thanks
    Last edited by marko500; 17.03.2016 at 01:01.

Hey marko500,

Welcome to the RC Logger forums! In regards to your question I am assuming you are speaking of our 5.8ghz video tx? Would you mind sharing a picture of the action cam and vtx so that we can further assist you?

Regards,
    Jamie

Here are the pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender (1).jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	2178   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	2180  

Hey Marko,

Sorry for the slow response. Was out of town for the holiday weekend visiting with family.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

For the video transmitter:

Green wire= Video transmitter

White wire= Ground

Black wire= Audio left

Red Wire
    = Audio Right

That might at least be a start. I will also reach out to our other team members that might have more input on connecting the appropriate wires to each other.

Regards,
    Jamie

Hi there,

Team member Jamie, and I have looked things over. The RC Logger 5.8 does not offer Positive power out to power the Camera, thus it will need to run on it's internal lipo. I would recommend the following for connection -

From RCL connector - (White) - to TGY connector (B-) = Ground

From RCL connector - (Green) - to TGY connector (AV-) = Video **Note, if no video feed, you may need to try (AV+) - One wire is audio, the other is video. Once video feed is located, the opposing wire is audio. Thus -

From RCL Connector - (Red, or Black *Both colors are audio*) - to TGY Connector (AV-, or AV+ depending on which is video).

If there are any more questions, please do let us know!

Thanks,

Adam
    Go big, fly hard.