Thread: Eye One Xtreme control board

Eye One Xtreme control board

I have a problem with the control board. I had not noticed that a motor mount had been damaged. The motor pulled from it's mount during a test flight. Unfortunately, because of on going repairs, I had not re fitted the canopy. Consequence was that the prop struck the pcb and cleverly removed I.C. 3, a very small 3 contact component. No apparent damage to the pcb. My question is can someone identify I.C.3? Compared with the high cost of replacing the complete control board (from where in the UK?), it would be worth a try.

Hey alanfereday,

I have past this request on to our engineer/developer and will update you with any information I might find regarding this component.

I will get back with you after the weekend with any new information.

Regards,
    Jamie

Hey alan,

Here is the information for that component:

IC3 = IC REGULATOR 3V
    Part name: S1206B30-M3T1G
    package: SOT23-3

Hope that helps.

Regards,
    Jamie

Many thanks Jamie. I will keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
    Sounds good.
    Hi Jamie. Back to my control board problem. I have a few to repair. Would you be able to source and supply the above component?

S1206B30-M3T1G

If so, what would be the minimum quantity and the price please?

Many thanks, Alan.

Hey Alan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Unfortunately we don't have the ability to source this component any longer. The reason for this is we no longer produce the Xtreme V1 and it has been out of production for some time now. We still have spare parts stock on all replacement parts, but no longer have access to individual component pieces.

I apologize for this and wish we could be of more help to your situation, but there's not much more we could do from our end.

If you have any other questions or we can help in any other way please don't hesitate to reach out to us as we will do our best to help however we can.

Best regards,
    Jamie and the RC Logger Team

Hi Jamie - thanks. As the model is out of production, will you be reducing the cost of the control boards at some stage. $60 is not an economical price relative the value of the quadcopter. The damage on a few of the boards was due to flying without the cover and weakness of the motor mount. When this fails, the prop neatly removes the IC that I need to replace. Happened twice. I also have others that I cannot get to run. Best wishes, Alan.

Hey Alan,

I am not sure of the current situation in regards to our stock/pricing on replacements of the Xtreme. I will check with our team and get back to you with that information.

Best regards.

Jamie and the RC Logger Team