Thread: Failing to initialise after a crash

Failing to initialise after a crash

I need your help.

A couple of weeks ago, my NovaX crashed, probably caused by a broken propeller.
    I must admit, I put this beast to the limit and I forgot to check the props.

But now my NovaX is failing to initialise.
    After connecting the battery, I hear the usual three tones, but the hard beep and the red light stays out.
    Instead of that I hear every 5? seconds a faint tone/ beep.
    I already checked the flatcable and the cable between the board and the hood and they are ok.

I hope you recognize this and that it is simple to repair.

Thanks in advance,
    André

Hey André,

Sounds like you've been enjoying the NovaX. Sorry to hear of your crash. :/

In regard to the issue you are having, the first thing I would try would be performing an esc calibration.

It's recommended to perform this with the propellers removed just to ensure safety.

Plug in the flight battery and immediately after plugging in the battery press and hold the black button found on the flight controller board underneath the canopy (noted in pic below).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_1_m.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	401.2 KB 
ID:	2248

You will hear a series of beeps. Once beeps are complete, unplug lipo.

Plug back in and see if you can get motors to engage.

Please let me know if this works. If not I will discuss with our developer for more input.

Regards,
    Jamie

Hey, Jamie,

Thanks for the quick response.
    I have tried to calibrate the ESC's but unfortionally without succes.
    With or without pressing the button, there is no difference in behavior of my NovaX.

Greetings,
    André

Okay Andre,

Thank you for the update. I have reached out to our developer to see if he might have any input.

Do you have a spare ribbon cable in your accessories and spare receiver cable? Even though they look okay it still would be idea to change them out with new ones just to narrow down an unseeable break in connection somewhere.

Will keep you updated. Also if you'd like you can setup a support ticket and we can continue working there as well.

support.rclogger.com

Regards,
    Jamie

Hello, RC logger team,

It has been a long time since the last reply, so here an update.
    My crashed Novax is still not flying and will not fly again.
    Because it was a severe crash and I had bought this Novax second hand, I had no confidence that this piece will be reliable again after a maybe costly and time consuming repair.
    So I decided to buy a brand new one and keep the old one for spare parts.
    After replacing the ABS props for the carbon pieces, I'm having fun again with this great quad.

Greetings,
    André

Hey André,

Thanks so much for the update. Still really sorry to hear about your original crash, but so great to hear that you purchased a new one and are enjoying it so much! Wishing you continued success in your flights. Also great to hear you installed the cf props, they make the already responsive NovaX even more lively!

Enjoy and if you ever need help or have any questions don't hesitate to reach out to us!

Jamie