Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EYE One S: Radio Protocol

Oh, one more thing. Did I understand correctly that the new EOX may not have the protocol that will work with my FS-i6?
    Please don't do that! Unless the TX that comes with the new EOX will be such that I won't want to use the Fs-i6.
    Ok, bye.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JimW View Post
    Hey Jamie and Saijin,

I was just wondering the same thing. Can I use my FS-i6 with the EOS? You answered my question but now I have others. How does One Link work? Do you just plug it in to the back of the Tx and it works? That would surprise me since I've found nothing is that straight forward with these things. Also, when is the EOX Pro/V2 set to release?
    I'm flying my EOS that I bought mode 1 with my left over mode 2 EOX Tx with no issues. I love that EOS! I'm having a great time with it. It's great for me to practice Expert mode( I don't get very far with it, I crash it within about 5 seconds).
    I'm unclear of the concept..lol. Anyway, Its good to talk to you both again. Hope all is well. Good luck finding a Mode 2 Tx Saijin. You cant beat the deal on the Mode 1 EOS.

All the best,

Jim
    More or less, yeah. It goes into the trainer port and relays the PPM-output into the OneLink, and that echos the signals back out in the protocol the Xtreme/One S understand natively. Completely straight forward? Who knows! I've never used the OneLink.

Yeah, I got about 5 seconds of airtime with my Dromida Ominus when I would try to fly it in Expert. I never tried with the EOX because I felt it was too powerful to control in Expert.

RC-Drones in town has the Tx for reasonable, but they do not stock the EYE One S for as cheap as RCL does on Amazon. I may just end up getting two of them to get the free shipping, sell the one kit, and then buy the Mode 2 Tx from RC-Drones along with the carbon fiber frame they made.

Likewise, good talking! I hope to join you in the EYE One S Expert mode club very soon here, especially since my EYE One Xtreme will be leaving this week to another home.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimW View Post
    Oh, one more thing. Did I understand correctly that the new EOX may not have the protocol that will work with my FS-i6?
    Please don't do that! Unless the TX that comes with the new EOX will be such that I won't want to use the Fs-i6.
    Ok, bye.

Jim
    Yeah, that's what I understood as well. I really, REALLY, REALLY hope that RCL do NOT go the route of dropping the FlySky AFHDS2A protocol. The benefit of sharing a protocol across the entire product range is not to be underlooked. It is one of the reasons that DSM2/DSMX are so prevalent in the hobby. Everyone and their mom has a bucketload of DSM2/DSMX stuff laying around from Horizon Hobby products, and the ability to share Tx units across devices is incredibly nice. Please guys, seriously, keep AFHDS2A across the RCL product line going forward. I implore you!

Hey Saijin,

You'll find the modes of the EOS to be directly inline with the modes on the Xtreme. So the expert mode on EOS is a full manual mode (3 axis) just like on the Xtreme.

Jim,

The OneLINK is fairly plug and play but does require setup the same as the setup on your radio with the Xtreme. Essentially think of the OneLINK as replacing the PPM receiver. It takes the place of the need to use a PPM receiver so it works well for the EOS since due to it's small size it doesn't have a PPM port.

The nice thing is since you already have the Xtreme setup on your radio. You could just copy your settings for the Xtreme to another model slot on your radio and then bind the EOS to that model and it should just work. The layout of channels and flight modes between the Xtreme and EOS are identical, so you shouldn't have to do any more adjustments to the model.

Hope that helps. If you have more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
    Hey Saijin,
    You'll find the modes of the EOS to be directly inline with the modes on the Xtreme. So the expert mode on EOS is a full manual mode (3 axis) just like on the Xtreme.
    Very, very nice. I'm excited! I think I'm going to grab 2x of the Mode 1 EOS from your Amazon page (so I can get free shipping), sell the one unit on, grab a Mode 2 Tx from Tony along with the EYE OneCam and the CarbonGear frame, and I should be set for Acro-FPV training for a while.

That'll keep me busy while I figure out how I'm going to build my other micro-brushed quads.

Thanks for the info Jamie. I'm tempted just to try it out. I actually don't mind the stock Tx. It does the job. It has its place.
    Does one link only work with rc logger quads?

Hey Saijin,
    If you get an Amazon Visa card you get an $80 Amazon gift certificate. You apply on the site. Takes about two minutes. That's what I did. My flysky was $53 and EOS was $30. Cost me $3 total. I don't know if the offer is still available actually you would have to look.

Jim

Jim,

I've thought about the card. I'll have to give it further consideration. I need a card for work, but I want to pick one with good benefits and rates.

Jamie,

If I buy (2x) the Mode 1 EYE One S from your Amazon page, would I be covered by RCL's warranty service?

After the huge mistake of buying my EOX from a RCGroups member, I don't want to repeat being out of warranty -_-

Who would handle warranty replacement/parts/service? RC-Drones here in Henrietta, or would I have to buy direct from Tony at RC-Drones for him to support me?

Hi Saijin and Jamie,

I flew for the first time with my Mobius camera on my EOX. It doesn't even seem to faze the quad. That thing has power.
    I just used the Velcro that came with it and stuck it directly on to the camera tray. I knew that would not be ideal but I didn't expect THAT much vibration. My Holystone F180 takes better videos. Which leads me to you. Any advice, ideas, for a cheap and easy way to mount the Mobius? The videos you post look great Saijin! Maybe I would be better off just using that foam double sided tape. Maybe the foam would dampen some vibration.

Thanks,

Jim

Yeah, the EOX can carry those 40g without much of an issue aside from a slight dip in flight times.

Thanks! I never got to the point where I was satisfied with the videos from my EOX as there was always this persistent jello I could never get rid of, no matter what I tried to do.

Here's where I gave up finally:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0427.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	542.7 KB 
ID:	2250

I put some rubber on the camera accessory tray to bolster the RunCam's mount. I installed the camera by threading a large velcro tie through the slots on the RunCam mount. I then ran that around the camera accessory tray and cinched it tight. I then installed the camera into the RunCam mount. This lead to still getting vibrations in my video, but I couldn't be fussed to pursue it any further. My motor bell housings were out of balance, and I'd either have to replace all of the motors (no, thank you) or continue to try to balance them manually (no, thank you).

I hope you have better luck with your setup.