Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RC Logger EYE One S - The Tiny Lady Beetle Diaries

RC Logger EYE One S - The Tiny Lady Beetle Diaries

The lady is flying her new RC Logger EYE One S for the first time in Beginner mode. She's coming from an Estes Proto-X, so she has a bit of an adjustment ahead of her. She did great though!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Video Source: Microsoft Lumia 640
    Audio Source: Microsoft Lumia 640
    Music Source: The Stumble Breaks - Antitune [SoundCloud Works - ????]
    Video Editing: Serif MoviePlus X6
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Saijin_Naib; 22.07.2016 at 04:03.

Testing out my new RC Logger EYE One S in Sport Mode. The inclination angles are still severely limited in Sport, especially when compared to the later EYE One Xtreme. It is infinitely more flyable than in Beginner Mode, however.

I think I'm going to have to stick to Acro/Rate mode from now on with this unit.
    Music Source: [Midnight] Part II - antitune [in watermelon sugar - 2015]

Trying to fly my new RC Logger EYE One S in Rate mode for the first time on this platform (second time ever). Needless to say, it does not go well.

Next time!
    Music Source: sixteen. - antitune [brainsmoke - 2011]

Trying to fly the RC Logger EYE One S in Rate/Acro mode and having a bit of a hard time of it. I've only ever attempted once prior on my Dromida Ominus and my EYE One S, so this is going to be a long and slow progression for me. Completely unlike flying stabilized.
    Video Source: RunCamHD2
    Audio Source: RunCamHD2
    Music Source: Subtle Build - Antitune [SoundCloud Works - ????]
    Music Source: soil - antitune [circles. - 2014]
    Music Source: See & Get - Antitune [SoundCloud Works - ????]
    Music Source: 0019 - Antitune [instrumentapellas - 2011]

Today I decided to give another flight to my RC Logger EYE One S at a much more open flying spot than my yard. This seemed to have helped me as it gave me more room and time to self-level when flying.

As a goal, I decided to try to fly around and through the soccer goal's frame. I didn't end up doing very many passes through it, but it was still very helpful to have as a point of reference.

I think I'll continue to practice here, as I felt much improved this flight compared to the last one.
    Music Source: four - antitune [brainsmoke - 2011]
    Music Source: Do Or Don't - Antitune [SoundCloud Works - ????]
    Music Source: Red [Evening] - antitune [in watermelon sugar - 2015]
    Music Source: Negligible Results - Antitune [SoundCloud Works - ????]

Back at the field today to do more Rate/Acro practice with the soccer goal. This time, I decided I'd try a few manual flips based upon what I've seen in other videos. I failed miserably and knocked the EOS stupid, requiring a pretty thorough recalibration of the accel/gyro on the board. Thankfully, it is still together, though one of my propellers is very stressed and likely needs replacing.

Next time I'll get a flip!
    Music Source: [Midnight] Part VI - antitune [in watermelon sugar - 2015]
    Music Source: On & - Antitune [SoundCloud Works - ????]
    Music Source: Blue [Evening] - antitune [in watermelon sugar - 2015]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20160724_18_20_39_Rich_LI.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	2274
    This started innocently enough. I put a nice bead of thick electrical tape along the inside edge of the EOS lid to help it grip the frame better, as I've been losing it in impacts recently. After I did that, I decided to use one of the left-over EOX stickers to give the front/center a bit more visual distinction to help with LOS flying.

I put the EOS away, and shortly thereafter, modding ADHD kicked in and I took it out of the box and put googly eyes on it. I think I added about 50Hp at least, I'm not sure yet.

The eyebrows have no reason to exist other than that they're covering up wrinkles in the sticker that won't come out.

On a more serious note, I'm trying to track down suitable replacements for the RC Logger propellers. 65mm with a roughly 11mm wide prop is proving difficult to find. The Heli-Max 1SQ V-Cam props are the right shape, but they're only 55mm.
    Last edited by Saijin_Naib; 25.07.2016 at 08:10.

Always enjoy watching your processes. Looks like you're getting it. The expert mode is definitely a full hands on mode and it definitely helps to be in a much more open area to fly in this mode (especially when learning it).

You'll probably have a hard time finding replacement props other than stock as they were made specifically for the EOS and since it's not cookie cutter in design like the 100's of other 1s type quads (mostly all based off of the original Walkera Ladybird).

I can talk with the team and see what kind of stock we have and see if maybe we could get you setup with some spare sets.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20160725_18_50_31_Pro_LI.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	584.3 KB 
ID:	2276
    The EOS did not have a good time today. I ended up breaking both front arm supports out of the frame in a highly unnecessary crash that came about due to me being far too confident in my ability to fly the EOS far and fast in Rate/Acro. I lost orientation and drilled it into the roof of a shed in someone's backyard.

To the EOS' credit, it flew pretty well after the impact, only getting progressively more wobbly as the plastic fatigued due to me doing flips and other stupid stuff with a broken frame.

Now the question is:
    Get another stock plastic frame, or go for the 1.5mm thick RC-Drones/PhoenixFlightGear carbon fiber frame for the EOS? Hrmm.
    Last edited by Saijin_Naib; 26.07.2016 at 16:50.

Quote Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
    Always enjoy watching your processes. Looks like you're getting it. The expert mode is definitely a full hands on mode and it definitely helps to be in a much more open area to fly in this mode (especially when learning it).

You'll probably have a hard time finding replacement props other than stock as they were made specifically for the EOS and since it's not cookie cutter in design like the 100's of other 1s type quads (mostly all based off of the original Walkera Ladybird).

I can talk with the team and see what kind of stock we have and see if maybe we could get you setup with some spare sets.
    Thanks! I'm slowly getting there, though I've not been able to figure out manual flips with the EOS yet without using the button on the Tx. Can they be done?

Yeah, the open space makes it far less stressful to fly Rate/Acro as I feel like I have plenty of time and room to figure out how to level back out.

RC-Drones carries them for about $6.25 for two sets, which isn't bad. Amazon has them for $15+ for two sets, which is getting a bit ridiculous.

I know your hands are tied with the shipping cost unless you move inventory to the US Amazon warehouse, but if you don't mind, I think that'd be helpful as I have some money tied up there currently. It is cheaper for me to buy a whole new Mode 1 EOS to scavenge it for props/frame/crashkit than it is to buy those parts anywhere :\

Thanks, Jamie!