Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RC Logger EYE One S - The Tiny Lady Beetle Diaries

Hi Siajin,
    I'm enjoying your Tiny Beetle Diaries.
    You seem to be pretty good in expert mode to me. I'm interested in your 'recalibration of accel/gyro on board'.
    I crashed mine pretty good and it seems not quite the same(some bizarre flight behavior ). It has seemed to work it out on its own to some extent. Although I'm having issues with props flying off.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JimW View Post
    Hi Siajin,
    I'm enjoying your Tiny Beetle Diaries.
    You seem to be pretty good in expert mode to me. I'm interested in your 'recalibration of accel/gyro on board'.
    I crashed mine pretty good and it seems not quite the same(some bizarre flight behavior ). It has seemed to work it out on its own to some extent. Although I'm having issues with props flying off.

Jim
    Jim,
    Thanks for that I'm getting better, but I have a LONG way to go yet.

So, you need to be in either Green/Orange mode (it didn't do anything in Red mode), put your EOS on a completely level surface. Power on Trasmitter, Power on EOS, put throttle all the way down, put right stick all the way up and to the right and hold it until you hear a beep and see the lights flash. That'll be the accel/gyro reset. Try giving it a fly after that. It should be pretty level unless your frame is no longer square (broken frame arms like mine), or you really knocked your props/motor shafts out, which is hard to do.

Do you have a picture of yours so we can take a look?

I'll have a flight video tomorrow. Rendering and uploading is going to take few more hours.

The EOS did not have a good time today. I ended up breaking both front arm supports out of the frame in a highly unnecessary crash that came about due to me being far too confident in my ability to fly the EOS far and fast in Rate/Acro. I lost orientation and drilled it into the roof of a shed in someone's backyard.

To the EOS' credit, it flew pretty well after the impact, only getting progressively more wobbly as the plastic fatigued due to me doing flips and other stupid stuff with a broken frame.

Now the question is:
    Get another stock plastic frame, or go for the 1.5mm thick RC-Drones/PhoenixFlightGear carbon fiber frame for the EOS? Hrmm.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Video Source: RunCamHD2
    Audio Source: RunCamHD2
    Music Source: Fruit - antitune [circles. - 2014]
    Music Source: Chango Del Mar - Antitune [SoundCloud Works - ????]
    Music Source: Black, Soundless [Evening] - antitune [in watermelon sugar - 2015]
    Music Source: To Ease - Antitune [SoundCloud Works - ????]
    Video Editing: Serif MoviePlus X6
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Jim,

If you are having trouble keeping the props on, something I might suggest is just putting a very, very, small dab of super glue on the prop hole (that the goes onto the shaft) and then sliding the prop on. This helps keep them on more snugly, but of course is still removeable when needed. Just secures them more. The key thing is keeping it a very light and small amount. You don't want it running down the shaft or getting in the motor. I usually use a tooth pick to apply just a light drop/dab.

Saijin,

Looked like some great flying there! Sorry for the crash occurring. :/ As for which frame to go with, that's all your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
    Saijin,
    Looked like some great flying there! Sorry for the crash occurring. :/ As for which frame to go with, that's all your decision.
    Thanks!

Oh, the crash is completely my fault. It got small and hard to see orientation on very fast. And frankly, I'm not great in Rate/Acro mode either!

I'm having a conundrum on the frame. As you mentioned, I'll lose my warranty if I go with the Carbon Frame right now, which I don't want to do. However, the numbers are hard to wrap my head around, haha!

Prices:
    New EOS:
    1x RCL EOS [Mode 1] - $29.99
    Includes: Frame, "Crash Kit", arms, canopy, battery, charger, FCB!

Rebuild:
    1x Propeller Set [2 sets] - $6.25
    1x Battery Charger - $9.00
    1x Battery - $9.00
    1x Frame - $16.00
    1x Crash Kit - $20.50
    Total = $60.75

Carbon Frame/Lose Warranty:
    1x RC-D/PFG Carbon Frame - $30.00
    1x Propeller Set [2 sets] - $6.25
    Total: $36.25

I think I'm leaning towards grabbing another new EOS for now as that'll get me tons of extra parts that I want (I want two batteries!) for far less than rebuilding and buying those parts piecemeal would.

I think if I trash ANOTHER stock frame (as I'm sure I will), I'll go for the RC-D/PFG Carbon frame, as hopefully I'll be out of warranty by then anyway. I was not expecting to trash my frame within the first week or so of ownership -_-

At this rate, the EOS might not survive long enough for me to stick the EYE OneCam on it!

Hi Jamie and Saijin,
    Thanks for the advice on gyros and props. I'll try the super glue trick. I'm having similar issues as you Saijin. I smashed into my neighbors garage door and bent a motor shaft. I wasn't even in expert mode. The wind and lack of skill did me in. Thats why it's been flying funny.
    I did what you're thinking of Saijin, I bought another one just for parts. Its the best way to go. Just another couple batteries and charger cost almost as much as a new EOS.
    Enjoy,

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JimW View Post
    Hi Jamie and Saijin,
    Thanks for the advice on gyros and props. I'll try the super glue trick. I'm having similar issues as you Saijin. I smashed into my neighbors garage door and bent a motor shaft. I wasn't even in expert mode. The wind and lack of skill did me in. Thats why it's been flying funny.
    I did what you're thinking of Saijin, I bought another one just for parts. Its the best way to go. Just another couple batteries and charger cost almost as much as a new EOS.
    Enjoy,
    Jim
    Shoot, yeah a bent motor shaft is basically game over, IMO. I've tried getting them back in true on other motors, but I've had absolutely no success. Usually I just end up unbalancing it even more.

I think between you and I we're going to run RCL out of inventory on the EOS. I'm totally fine with that This is a great little machine, and I daresay I prefer it to the EOX.

My fiance's is still in basically brand-new condition, though that might just be due to her not having flown it much yet.

I'm on the lookout for possible semi-bolt-on prop guards. I'll keep you posted if I find something suitable.

True point guys.

Really probably the best option is purchasing another EOS. Can't beat all the spares you get for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
    True point guys.
    Really probably the best option is purchasing another EOS. Can't beat all the spares you get for the price.
    Yeah, it really is a great deal.

Do you want Jim and I to buy them all? You might just get what you wish for :P

Hahaha. Sure go for it!