Thread: Callibrating the Nav250

Callibrating the Nav250

Hi,

I have just received my Nav250. I calibrated manually and awaiting GPS signal. seems forever. the light Blue LED is blinking until the battery is hot. now.. how do I factory reset the setting ? so I can do it all over again ?

Cheers..

Hi Naga.

Are you checking for GPS signal indoor or outdoor?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

Hi Mat,

outdoor. in the field. I cant seem to get it calibrated for the compass. If I follow the manual the calibration failed, if I follow the way DJI phantom is compass calibration the is OK, but GPS is blinking all the time until Battery very hot.

Hi Naga.

Thanks for your quick reply. You can't follow the DJI calibration routine. Just follow the procedure explained in our tutorial video or the quick start guide. Try to rotate the Navigator during compass calibration in a small radius and try to avoid too large movements during compass calibration.

Please take a look at this video. It explains the complete calibration procedure.

https://vimeo.com/169321014

All Navigator units are pre-calibrated at the factory and tested. So your unit should be able to be calibrated. It may just take a few moment to get it 100% right.

Let me know how it went.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

Hi Mat,

Yeahi followed the instruction and no Beep during callibration. But when i do the DJI way it Goes BEEP .. Hahahahaha anyway will try agian tomorrow morning.

Sorry Mat can i have the link in Youtube, the idiot Ex-Ministry of Information of Indonesia blocked vimeo. Only Youtube is availabel

Sure, the YouTube video is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1c4JUWvthE
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

Also just to ensure is the flashing LED a dark blue or light blue (cyan color)? It could be that it's continuously flashing as it's still in the factory mode where it requires both the gyro and compass calibrations to be completed successfully before it will allow you to fly the unit.

If in an outdoor setting with no obstructions over head you should receive GPS lock rather quickly (no more than a minute of time).

Also as Chris already mentioned, you MUST perform these procedures according the steps that are shown in the video/quick start guide or the unit will not fly correctly or go into the ready to fly mode.

Please keep us updated so we can ensure we get you up and flying as quickly as possible.

Have a good one.

Jamie