Thread: Using the RC Logger RX8 Transmitter with Steam and Liftoff

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0216.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	676.0 KB 
ID:	2334
    HI Brend,
    Congratulations m8.
    Do you know if liftoff works with the shipped cable from navigator 250 ???
    Picture attached
    Cheers
    David

Hey Bernd,

Excellent to hear! Thanks so much for sharing this information and detailing out the process. I will definitely be trying this out tomorrow following your steps and will confirm on my end as well.

David I can also test the stock cable also, but I am not 100% confident that it will work as it might not have the proper drivers needed, since it's specifically for transferring data for firmware updates. Will test tomorrow and confirm.

Regards,
    Jamie

Hi Javid,

the included cable doesn`t work, I do not know why, but it is probably intended for a different purpose.

Here is the link from my cable at Amazon.de (Germany):

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I mean, this cable is identical to the Jamie cable. However, the "student mode" is important, in the "Trainer mode" doesn`t run strangely.

And then in "Liftoff" in any case choose "manual calibration" and then click through the menu. You may perhaps have to invert the control commands, for this click the "Invert" button.

The little Kopter icon in the center of the screen must also move as you move your joystick. You see then, how it reacts.

If it does not work with you, I can also mail you an exact step by step instructions.

Regards,

Bernd

Hi m8 ,
    Thanks for that , cable on order ..
    Cheers
    David

Hey Bernd,

Thanks so much again. 100% success on this end! I hadn't tried using the student mode which was where I wasn't getting things working properly before. So thanks again. Glad to be able to practice on the R8 radio instead of one of my other radios.

Also can confirm that it doesn't work with the firmware upgrade cable as it doesn't have the appropriate drivers and transfers data differently than a trainer cable.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend guys!

Jamie

Cable arrived within a few days too spain from amazon.de
    Bought and downloaded liftoff from steam.
    Managed to get transmitter working in student mode..
    Need to alter throttle control sensitivity .
    Great community
    Cheers
    David

Hey David,

So great to hear you are up and running. Enjoy!

Love using Liftoff to keep my finger movements on track when the weather won't allow any outdoor training.

Jamie