Thread: R8 upgrade Procedure = SUCCESS = EXCELLENT SUPPORT

Thumbs Up R8 upgrade Procedure = SUCCESS = EXCELLENT SUPPORT

RC Logger has provided EXCELLENT post sales support! MatLi offered to ship me a new R8 and cables etc. This morning Jamie sent me these step by step instructions and the second procedure worked!

Sequence 1
    1. Turn on the R8 transmitter. Go to firmware upgrade page in LCD manual. Hold "OK" to confirm.
    2. Connect the cable to the R8 remote trainer port (step 2 and 3 cannot be swapped).
    3. Connect the USB end of the cable to PC, the red LED will light up (If no LED, the cable is defective).
    4. Run the upgrade pack on PC, select a correct COM port.
    5. Click "Start Upgrade" and wait for the upgrade complete.
    6. Rebinding the transmitter and the receiver is required.

Sequence 2
    1. Connect the cable to the R8 remote trainer port (step 1 and 2 cannot be swapped).
    2. Connect the USB end of the cable to PC, the red LED will light up (If no LED, the cable is defective).
    3. Turn on the R8 transmitter. Go to firmware upgrade page in LCD manual. Hold "OK" to confirm.
    4. Run the upgrade pack on PC, select a correct COM port.
    5. Click "Start Upgrade" and wait for the upgrade complete.
    6. Rebinding the transmitter and the receiver is required.

I watched both the youtube and VIMEO tutorials and there is an OBVIOUS "cockpit error" somewhere on my part. I do not plan to re-watch either of these videos to determine what I missed, but suggested that in the description area of each video that these 2 procedures be posted. Maybe that would be helpful? Now I get to see if I can rebind the R8 and NovaX 350 without any hand holding????

As all of you owners realize, RC Logger ain't no DJI when it comes to post sales service issues / AND THAT IS A GOOD THING

Esp. for newbie like me!

Thanks go out again to the several NovaX users who tried to assist me with their suggestions.

Regards - Michael

Thanks Michael for sharing the good news. Sometimes it's just the little details Glad that we could help in getting the issue resolved for you. Keep enjoying the NovaX and do keep us updated on your progress.

We are just about to release a new firmware and App adding POI function to the NovaX. With all these features added the NovaX is surely a great quad-copter you will be able to enjoy for a long time. While we are about to release POI we are already working on the Follow-Me release as well.

Thank you for choosing our product!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)