Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R8 Transmitter Update 1.1.2 brings Firmware 1.0 for RC Eye

Great job Zinny!

I have not made the TX/RX binding yet.

I'll wait until next week. Perhaps comes a new firmware with proper 1.1.2 ID

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy1958 View Post

UPDATE got it working it did the update

#1 load the upgrade program,turn on the program
    #2 plug in TX with it off
    #3 turn on TX and go to firmware update screen click "ok" click update on the program
    #4 firmware updated
    #5 shut off program and TX
    #6 checked version on the TX it says " RC EYE 1.0 08-oct-2016 this is different than it was is this right
    Great to hear that it worked for you! We are going to look into correcting the version number as well. So we might release another version - just with the version number "cosmetic" enhancement. Functionally it will remain the same.

Hope you guys like and enjoy the new features.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by micsch View Post
    I'll wait until next week. Perhaps comes a new firmware with proper 1.1.2 ID
    Yes, I believe we should correct the version number issue. Give us a few days to correct it. Function wise there won't be any changes, so both versions are okay to be installed. Sorry for the version numbering confusion - we should not have missed this simple part - our apologies.

Thanks for pointing it out.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

Jim great to hear you are fully updated.

It is strange that it seems different computers require different ways of doing it, whereas other computers don't seem to mind the order all that much. But just glad you are ready to go.

In alignment with Chris' comments, we will have the version number changed this coming Monday.

Hope you guys have a great weekend and look forward to your first impressions with POI!

Jamie

If the weather god is gracious here in germany, I'll fly soon.
    Too many clouds and too much wind at this moment.
    Better days will come. Maybe with some snow.

micish

thanks for the info on the port change.

the weather gods are not very nice to me right now should be better in a few months lol
    Last edited by zimmy1958; 18.12.2016 at 10:03.

Hey everyone,

Just as a heads up. The firmware has been updated now showing the correct firmware version and date.

Regards,
    Jamie

should we do a reload on the firmware? are there any other changes we need the update for, I think I can live with the wrong date/firmware number. lol.,.

Hey Jim,

A reload isn't necessary if you are fine with the date/firmware information. This was the only change that was made.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family!

Jamie