Thread: Novax350 usable with frsky tarranis x9d ?

Novax350 usable with frsky tarranis x9d ?

Is IT possible to fly the novax350 with a taranis x9d? What telemetrySignals from the novax can be displayed on the taranis?

Hey Casi,

Welcome to the forums. Also thanks for your input on the other post as well.

In regards to your question. The Taranis x9d can be used with the NovaX 350 as long as the receiver that you use to pair with your Taranis is PPM capable. In regards to the telemetry, I don't believe any telemetry data will be sent to your Taranis. The telemetry that is offered in stock form with the R8 radio is specifically designed and programmed with our protocol, so it doesn't have the ability to communicate with other protocols.

So the x9d is definitely useable (we even have one of our testers that flies his NovaX 350 with the Taranis, but unfortunately the telemetry data will be lost.

I hope that helps answer your question.

Best regards and look forward to hearing more from you here on the RC Logger forums.

Jamie and the RC Logger Team

Thanks for the fast Reply! i Think i will try it.

Hey Casi,

Sounds great. Looking forward to you enjoying the setup.

Don't know if this will help but I asked our tester to provide his NovaX model setup. He's a pro at setups for the Taranis.

So here it is if you'd like to use it vs. setting up from scratch
    (please keep in mind the Open Tx software must be installed on your x9d)

novax_dsmx_taranis_openTX.zip

Best regards,
    Jamie and the RC Logger Team