Thread: Looking for help to answer some questions and concerns about the Navigator 250

Looking for help to answer some questions and concerns about the Navigator 250

I have been searching for a FPV drone for some time. The Navigator 250 (Nav250), on paper, seems perfect for what I want. My issue is the lack of in-depth reviews or knowledge on the Nav250. I canít find any information beyond regurgitated features from the official site. If anyone has a Nav250 and could help answer some questions/concerns I would really appreciate it.

1) Does the Nav250 compensate for motion to stop? For example, if the Nav250 is in forward flight and I let go of the controls will the Nav250 apply a reverse motion to stop? If so, does the Nav250 require the GPS for this feature to work?

2) How well can the Nav250 maintain a stable location without the GPS? I know the drone has an auto level feature but can it detect its own motion to stay relatively still? For example, Blade uses their SAFE technology to auto hover but the drone will still drift because it does not know itís in motion.

3) Can the Nav250 maintain a level altitude without the GPS?

4) What type and resolution is the camera? The official site only says it is a high-quality camera.

Once again thanks for any help.

Hey Valden,

Thanks for joining our community. We are glad to have you and answer any and all questions you might have.

I will respond to your questions in the order that you asked.

1. The Navigator will come to a stop when you let off the sticks. It's not an immediate stop as due to speed this could be to abrupt. Instead the Navigator will slow to a stop (the same as when you apply breaks on your car when coming to a stop). For this to occur then the GPS must be engaged. Without GPS then the Navigator will continue to fly forward.

2. The Navigator will have a similar motion to any other quad on the market when GPS isn't engaged. Meaning it will have tendencies to drift. This is standard for any type of drone on the market, as without GPS it doesn't have any way of understanding it's location direction wise.

(There are a few drones now on the market that can hold position indoors without GPS using optical flow sensor technology. This is kind of the next stage of drones. However these drones are all well over the $1000 price point currently and none focused on the FPV flying experience)

3. The Navigator can maintain altitude height hold without the GPS engaged. There will of course be some variations based on the atmospheric pressure that the Navigator is flying in. But even without GPS signal the height hold sensor is still engaged and active.

4. The camera uses a 1/3 sony sensor and is equivalent to a 700tvl camera. The resolution of the camera is roughly 976x582.

I hope that helps answer your questions. Any other questions you have don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
    Jamie the RC Logger Team

Yes it does and thank you. Time to place my order

Quote Originally Posted by Valden View Post

Owning a Navigator I can concur with Jamie. you will have a blast with the quad it does many things well and will help you get to that fpv flying with out to much problems. the gps works great and when you want to cut lose turn it off and go for it. the view with the camera is superb and with auto level on the camera turned on you never lose site of the view ahead.

good luck and happy flying

Jim

Cool Jamie and the RCL crew

PS Jamie and the crew we miss you guys on the other forum ;-)

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy1958 View Post
    PS Jamie and the crew we miss you guys on the other forum ;-)

Jim

Hi Jim.

I have left RCG some weeks back that's why you can't see me there anymore. In fact, I have closed my RCG account all together. You can always reach me here instead. Hope all is fine on your end.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by Valden View Post
    Great to hear! And we look forward to having you join out community of pilots.

We have a great group of people here on the forums that are always happy to help and as always we are here to help and answer any questions you might have as well.

Also we have received your notification of the changes in your order as well in our ticketing system. We have responded and rest assured we will handle making the appropriate changes when our standard office hours resume on Wednesday following the holiday.

We always love to hear what our customers think of the product, so looking forward to hearing your impressions after your first flights.

Best regards,
    Jamie and the RC Logger Team

Hey Jim,

Great to hear from you. I've still been hitting up the RCG forums and will continue to share updates here and there and be available to help with the community over there.

I know we kept pretty quiet following CES, bur rest assured, we have some exciting new products fixing to coming along that we are pretty excited about (not just the stuff shown at CES), so stay tuned.

The Silver Edition NovaX 350 is now available, but we also have a few other products coming to market fairly soon. We are holding off on sharing more information and details as we want the product to be completely ready or very close to the first production run when we share more information about it, to ensure you (the customer) can get their hands on it rather quickly after the product information is released.

Definitely looking forward to sharing more soon!

Keep warm.

Best regards,

Quote Originally Posted by MatLi View Post
    Hi Jim.

I have left RCG some weeks back that's why you can't see me there anymore. In fact, I have closed my RCG account all together. You can always reach me here instead. Hope all is fine on your end.
    Hi Chris

I'm sure you have your reasons for leaving. Ok I will just see you here then, take care and have a great day

Jim Z

Quote Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
    Hey Jim,

Great to hear from you. I've still been hitting up the RCG forums and will continue to share updates here and there and be available to help with the community over there.

I know we kept pretty quiet following CES, bur rest assured, we have some exciting new products fixing to coming along that we are pretty excited about (not just the stuff shown at CES), so stay tuned.

The Silver Edition NovaX 350 is now available, but we also have a few other products coming to market fairly soon. We are holding off on sharing more information and details as we want the product to be completely ready or very close to the first production run when we share more information about it, to ensure you (the customer) can get their hands on it rather quickly after the product information is released.

Definitely looking forward to sharing more soon!

Keep warm.

Best regards,
    Hi Jamie

good to here from you I sure miss your posts on the forum glad you have been well and look forward to your future posts.
    take care and have a great day.

Jim Z