Thread: Brushless mini gimbal (pro) installation/wiring connections instructions to nova 350

Cool Brushless mini gimbal (pro) installation/wiring connections instructions to nova 350

I got this brushless mini gimbal for my nova 350 but no instructions as to how to connect to the quad.I can only find instructions
    For the mini gimbal (without the build in transmitter for video out).One wire connector goes from the GoPro to gimbal,and off course the power connector to battery.Any help or where to get diagram to complete the installation will be appreciated
    Gus

Hey Gus,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I apologize that we don't have a diagram for this. I will be happy to provide a picture diagram of the connections by Monday that showcases the connections. I am currently away from the office or would be happy to do so now.

You are on the right track with what you already mentioned. The only things that need attached is the video Tx Antenna that's included in the box. The extension is not necessary. It's just there if you want to mount the antenna further away from the gimbal.

The only other cable you need is the black braided cable with 3 pin servo connection on each end. One end plugs into the front of the X3 gimbal quick release plate. the other end plugs into the X port found on the front of the power board underneath the canopy.

This provides power to the video Tx and also allows control of the vertical tilt of the camera using VR B knob on the radio.

The brown/black and white cables are not necessary for installation on the NovaX 350.

I hope this helps. I will be happy to assist more as well and can provide pics as mentioned before to.

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceship View Post
    I got this brushless mini gimbal for my nova 350 but no instructions as to how to connect to the quad.I can only find instructions
    For the mini gimbal (without the build in transmitter for video out).One wire connector goes from the GoPro to gimbal,and off course the power connector to battery.Any help or where to get diagram to complete the installation will be appreciated
    Gus
    Quote Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
    Hey Gus,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I apologize that we don't have a diagram for this. I will be happy to provide a picture diagram of the connections by Monday that showcases the connections. I am currently away from the office or would be happy to do so now.

You are on the right track with what you already mentioned. The only things that need attached is the video Tx Antenna that's included in the box. The extension is not necessary. It's just there if you want to mount the antenna further away from the gimbal.

The only other cable you need is the black braided cable with 3 pin servo connection on each end. One end plugs into the front of the X3 gimbal quick release plate. the other end plugs into the X port found on the front of the power board underneath the canopy.

This provides power to the video Tx and also allows control of the vertical tilt of the camera using VR B knob on the radio.

The brown/black and white cables are not necessary for installation on the NovaX 350.

I hope this helps. I will be happy to assist more as well and can provide pics as mentioned before to.

Jamie
    Here are some pictures Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF5899.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	762.1 KB 
ID:	2385Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF5900.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	844.9 KB 
ID:	2387Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF5901.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	826.4 KB 
ID:	2389

hope this helps

Jim Z

Hey Jim,

Thanks so much for providing those pics. Very helpful as always!

Hope some flying weather comes your way soon.

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
    Hey Jim,

Thanks so much for providing those pics. Very helpful as always!

Hope some flying weather comes your way soon.

Jamie
    hope it helped
    having some good days here lately but old man winter can still rear his head