Thread: One propeller lift more than the other

One propeller lift more than the other

Helle everyone!
    I have an EXtreme One RC Logger and it was flying well until my last flight.
    When the 4 motors start, one propeller lifts more the others and the quad flips. I have checked and even changed the 4 propellers but no success so far.
    Could you please help me?

Thanks a lot.

Hey Hoplite,

First off welcome to the forums, we are glad to have you. Second I apologize for delay of response. Our team is currently away at the CeBit event in Germany, so this is why I am delayed in getting to your question.

If you haven't already tried to perform a gyro reset, please do so. This could fix the issue.

Click on the image to enlarge:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xtreme:EYE One Gyro Calibration Pic.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	199.7 KB 
ID:	2442

If this doesn't work could you please post a picture looking from the top down of your Xtreme so we can just verify that all props are on correctly and in correct orientation, as it can easily get switched up.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,
    Jamie and the RC Logger Team

Thanks a lot jlcam7. I will test it tomorrow and let you konw about the results.
    I was first thinking of an issue either with the battery or even a motor.

Hoplite.

Sounds great. Definitely let me know for sure and if that doesn't work maybe share a pic and we can just make sure there's not something we might be missing.

Best regards,

Hi. I'm sorry to only rely now. I have done the test but still I have the same issue. It looks like one propeller spin fast than the other and when I start to rev the motors to lift the quad's, it flip up's and down. I have attached pictures for you to check the propeller any way.

Many thanks for your reply.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170408_175005.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	2444  

Hey Hoplite,

Thanks for the reply and the pic. Looking carefully it does seem like all of your props are in the correct orientation and on the correct motors. I see you changed it up to do one side black and one side red. nice!

If you already tried the gyro re-calibration and that didn't work, one other thing you could do is remove the props and set them on top of each other to ensure they are all the same length. There are 138mm and 150mm props and it could be possible that somehow a different length one got mixed in. So just another thing to check on.

If this isn't it the issue and you've carefully inspected all motor wire connections to the board to ensure they are well connected and secured, then there could be a component such as an esc, that is no longer working properly on the flight controller.

May I ask how long you've owned the Xtreme and how many flights you have on it?

Best regards,