Thread: EOX V2 and R8 Tx

EOX V2 and R8 Tx

Can the R8 tx be used with the EOX V2? How
    about with the original EOX?
    JimW

Hey Jim,

We are currently working on the solution for the R8 to work with the new V2. It will be a PPM/sBus plug in receiver option.
    The R8 will also work with the original EOX if you purchase the R8 PPM receiver found here:

http://www.rclogger.com/RC-EYE/Spare...-Receiver.html

If you check the gallery section of the receiver link above you can see how the receiver is mounted to the original Xtreme.

Just one thing to note if using the R8 radio with the original Xtreme or even the new V2. Due to the spring loaded throttle (mid-stick mode) it takes a moment to get used to since the Xtreme/v2 isn't made for mid-stick mode flying. It's not a bad thing, but just something to be aware of. Essentially when doing the channel learning process for the Xtreme you'll need to hold the throttle down (since it's spring loaded) before you start the channel learning.

The other option is to remove the spring on the throttle on the R8 radio so that it's no longer a midstick radio. Of course then doing this you no longer have this feature for the Navigator/NovaX. Again not a problem, just preference.

The instructions for removing the spring is in the manual and the required hardware to change it out is included with the R8 radio.

With that said, I also think you guys will really like the radio included with the V2. It's actually quite a nice radio that feels really good and ergonomic in the hands. Plus you get the built in screen. Also the radio will work with a number of future products.

Best regards,
    Jamie

Yeah ....I know ...I think..lol.I want the EOX V2 radio. I'm just looking at all options for 250...350...V2...I'm looking for the one perfect drone. I guess my question would be....to all of you out there. ...if you could have one drone to choose from ...250 or 350....which one?
    The reason I looked at R8 compatibility is if I end up with all of them.
    Thanks

JimW

Quote Originally Posted by JimW View Post
    Yeah ....I know ...I think..lol.I want the EOX V2 radio. I'm just looking at all options for 250...350...V2...I'm looking for the one perfect drone. I guess my question would be....to all of you out there. ...if you could have one drone to choose from ...250 or 350....which one?
    The reason I looked at R8 compatibility is if I end up with all of them.
    Thanks

JimW
    Hi Jim

There is no real good answer to that question.
    Nova 350- good for filming and sport flying and sorta FPV with the new gimbal with a vtx on it.

Navigator 250- FPV training and good FPV flying.

Extreme V2 radio with the screen and the game controller style- looking good for a fun flying with FPV and line of sight. I have the V1 Extreme (x2) with a RX for my Taranis for a controller I did this pre Nova/Navigator release but you could use the R8 Tx Rx and do the same with that controller like Jamie said they are working on.
    Hope this helped some

Jim Z

Thanks Zimmy,

Yeah...I know there's no good answer. There's no such thing as the perfect drone. I just didn't want to be restricted to just racing drone practice with the 250(maybe there is more to it than that?). I'm looking for the most versatile. The 350 with TPCS and a 20 minute flight time seems to be the winner. Although Jamie has said that the 250 now has TPCS and its supposed to be very durable and compact. I haven't read anything about the crash worthiness of the 350. I have the EOX with Flysky TX and I think I'm gonna go with the EOX V2 for FPV. I'm looking at the 350 as a deluxe EOX that I can modify to be whatever I want.

Thanks again,

JimW