Thread: eye one won`t start after binding

Cool eye one won`t start after binding

binding is ok, lights turn on/off is ok, change mode is ok

But after some seconds trying to start the light goes on red

regards, Arno

Hey Arno,

Thanks for joining the community. Great to have you here on the RC Logger forums.

Sorry to hear of the issue you are having. A few questions.

Is this the EYE One, EYE One S or EYE One Xtreme?

You are definitely bound since as you mentioned you can control other functions such as flight mode changes and turning the lights on and off.

Have you also tried a gyro reset?

Did you have the product running previously or is this the first time you've tried to fly it?

Please help in answering these questions and we can try and quickly narrow down what might be the cause so we can hopefully get you up and flying quickly.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
    Jamie and the RC Logger Team

Hallo Jamie and RC Logger team,

I thought you sent me a computer answer, that´s why I´m delayed with my answer.

It is a EYE One Xtreme Mode 2.
    I used him successful several times. Until I changed the frame.

No, I never tried a gyro reset.

To bring wires over trees it works good. I´m a amateur radio ham and I need wires over my 30m hy trees as my antennas.

Best regards,
    Arno
    oe9amj

Hey Arno,

So you did a frame change and it wouldn't work after that?

If this is the case then I would recommend carefully inspecting the motor wires again. Ensure they are in the correct arrangement as Red White and Black must be in the correct arrangement according the the markings on the board.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xtreme Color wire locations.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	592.5 KB 
ID:	2448

Also ensure all wires have a good connection and the set screws that hold them in place are locked down. Somtimes the wires can break at the connection point, so it's important to ensure all the wires are correctly arranged and well connected. You can also test this by slightly pulling on each wire with a set of tweezers or needle nose pliers to make sure the wires aren't loos.

As mentioned previously you could also try a gyro reset as well.

Here is the description for this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xtreme:EYE One Gyro Calibration Pic.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	199.7 KB 
ID:	2450

Hopefully this information is helpful. Keep us updated as we want to ensure we get you back up and flying as quickly as possible.

Best regards,

Jamie and the RC Logger Team

Hallo Jamie + RC Logger Team,
    I checked all wires
    I did gyro reset.
    The Xtreme´s Status Led turnes on solid green. But only for a second. And it gives a short peep Then it starts again flashing.

It is written that "Replace all 4 motors". For gyro reset do I have to disconnect the motors?

Best regards,
    Arno oe9amj

Hey Arno,

If you performed a gyro reset and also checked all wires carefully, then it could be there is damage to the flight controller board somewhere or you have a motor that isn't working properly.

You do not need to disconnect the motors to perform a gyro reset.

Try moving the motors by hand with the battery disconnected and see if one motor gives more resistance than any of the others. If so this would indicate a bad motor.

Would you mind please sharing an image of your setup with the canopy removed?

If it worked before the change to a new frame and wouldn't work following that, then it is likely somewhere there is something not quite connected right or setup correctly. Maybe sharing some pics can help us troubleshoot what the issue might be.

Best regards,
    Jamie