Thread: Battery Question

Battery Question

Hi Everybody,

One of my EOX batteries (1150 20C) takes a full charge (actually about 4.16 per cell but that is normal for me) but when I connect it the lights start blinking like its a low battery. It will fly the full 7 minutes or so but the low battery lights are on all the time. It only does that with this battery. I've never had a battery go bad before so I'm not sure what the signs are. It does feel 'puffy' but not a hard puffy, its like there is air in it. Thanks in advance.

JimW

Quote Originally Posted by JimW View Post
    Hi Everybody,

One of my EOX batteries (1150 20C) takes a full charge (actually about 4.16 per cell but that is normal for me) but when I connect it the lights start blinking like its a low battery. It will fly the full 7 minutes or so but the low battery lights are on all the time. It only does that with this battery. I've never had a battery go bad before so I'm not sure what the signs are. It does feel 'puffy' but not a hard puffy, its like there is air in it. Thanks in advance.

JimW

Hey Jim,

Great to hear from you. We have encountered batteries that have performed this action before. It would be advisable to discontinue the use of this battery. The puffyness that you are mentioning is one factor, but also the mention of the lights flashing when flying is an indication that this is a battery that is nearing the end of it's life. It's no longer pushing out the proper power to the Xtreme when flying and is causing dramatic dips in the voltage which is why the lights are giving you the low battery notification.

So I would recommend no longer using the battery as at any point it could cause the Xtreme to drop out of the sky unexpectedly or even worse could become unstable and cause damage or harm such as fire.

I hope that helps answer your question Jim.

Best regards,
    Jamie and the RC Logger Team