Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: POI and TPCS now available for the Navigator 250 - Free Firmware update released.

Idea POI and TPCS now available for the Navigator 250 - Free Firmware update released.

We are really excited to release the newest firmware v3.0 for the FPV drone RC EYE Navigator 250!
    With this new release you will be able to customize your flight plan with the Task Point Command System (T.P.C.S.) and to keep the Navigator focused on a central point of flying with the Point of Interest (POI) function.

Additional detailed upgrade information can be found in the Navigator Firmware v3.0 - Upgrade Pack.

Download here:

http://www.rclogger.com/Support/Downloads/Firmware/
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

Hello MatLi,

i have a problem with the bloototh connection to my navigator 250.

Every time, when I open the new android app EYEControl Navigator Version 3 the App wants a bluetooth connection Code, that I have to type in.

The app says, I should try "0000" or "1234", but this numbers dont work.

What is the right code ?

Would you please help me ?

Bernd from Germany

Hey Bernd,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I am sorry of the issue you are having. We did testing on multiple devices so this is interesting.

A few questions:

Are you trying to connect via your bluetooth menu on your Android device (I ask because usually this is when you are asked to input a code for Bluetooth) or are you trying to connect directly via the EYEControl: Navigator app?

Through the app it should mention connecting via bluetooth in which you will confirm.

Also did you use the app previously to this version? Just want to confirm whether this has occurred previously or only on the V3.0 for you.

Lastly would you mind sharing with us your Android device and also the version of Android it is running. As you know there are many variances of devices and firmware versions out there, that this information could help us better assess the issue that is occurring.

Best regards,
    The RC Logger Team

I believe he might be connecting via the Android Bluetooth settings. He needs to only use the App to connect and not via the Android Bluetooth function directly. Just use the App only and it should work just fine.

- So, do not use Android to search for the Navigator.
    - Make sure Bluetooth is turned on on your phone and search directly from the Navigator App.

Hope it helps.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

Hi MatLi (Chris),

ihr hattet recht, ich hatte nicht direkt über die App, sondern über die Bluetooth Einstellungen versucht zu verbinden, das hat natürlich nicht funktioniert.

Allerdings dauert die Initialisierung bzw. die Übertragung der gewünschten Befehle an den Kopter teilweise sehr lange (mehr als 10 Sekunden). Da kommt man schon mal ins Grübeln und bricht den Vorgang dann ab.

Das könnte man eventuell noch verbessern. Außerdem steht in der App, man sollte den hinteren linken Schalter am Navigator mehr als 5 Sekunden drücken und dann festhalten.

Das ist meines Erachtens nicht erforderlich, denn sobald man den hinteren linken Schalter länger als 5 Sekunden drückt, geht der Navigator automatisch in den Pairing Modus (die vorderen roten LEDS blinken), so dass man den Schalter nicht länger drücken muss. Allerdings endet die Sequenz nach ungefähr 30 Sekunden und man muss dann erneut den Schalter drücken.

Alles in allem funktioniert die App jetzt, aber wie gesagt, teilweise dauert die Befehlsübermittlung an den Kopter sehr lange.

Gruß

Bernd

Noch eine Frage bitte,

benötige ich für die neue Funktion Task Point Command System (TPCS) ein Zusatzmodul für den Sender ? Wenn ja, wo finde ich das und was kostet es ?

Gruß

Bernd

Hello Bernd,

Glad that you are now connected and up and running.

In regards to your input on connection time, we are always working to improve this. There are a few things that have impact on this:

-As mentioned there are many variances on products that this works with and also different Bluetooth chipsets in use, so sometimes communication can take longer on one device, than another, so it just varies. Also too you will find that once connected the first time or two the connection seems to be quicker following that.
    -The other thing is that due to the very important communications happening between the app and the Navigator it is important to ensure the connection is secure and so often times even though the connection happens rather quickly, the app itself is still double checking the connection/device. You can see this when looking at the datalink module and how quickly it goes into a double blink (notifying bluetooth connected), while the app still is running checks to ensure device connection.

Usually the Navigator will show up in your app before the unit will go into binding mode. Unfortunately the timing can't be exact ex. 5 seconds for app, 10 seconds for bind, as the communication between different smart devices is different, so some the Navigator will show up quite quickly in the menu, while others take a little longer. Once you have connected to the app the first time, then the unit will show up every time following that without the need to press the button.

In regards to extra needed equipment, using the T.P.C.S. and Waypoint does require the use of our Datalink module that plugs into the back of the R8 radio. You will need then within the app to connect directly to the Datalink rather than the Navigator to communicate for these featured flight modes.

Here is a direct link to the Datalink on our website. http://www.rclogger.com/RC-EYE/Spare...-Datalink.html

You may also be able to purchase locally though however as well. We can try and find this information out. Also we will be happy to assist via our support ticket system as well if you need any help or have any questions regarding the module.

http://support.rclogger.com

I hope this helps Bernd.

Best regards,
    Jamie

You guys are really busy here Perhaps we just ship Bernd a free datalink module. Really appreciate your very detailed answer @Jamie. Thanks! You are the best as usual.

Hallo Bernd.

Sende mir bitte deine Postanschrift an chris@rclogger.com. Ich bin morgen noch im Büro und kann den Versand veranlassen. Danach geht es jedoch sofort noch am Abend ab nach Nördlingen zu einem FPV Event. Also bitte deine Adresse noch heute an mich übermitteln Dabei ist zu beachten, wenn möglich auch eine Telefonnummer anzugeben denn DHL Express ist da manchmal sehr penibel, insbesondere wenn es eilt.

Solltest du auch nach Nördlingen kommen können dann nehme ich das Teil einfach persönlich mit.

Grüsse aus Hongkong,
    Chris.

I think a free Datalink sounds like a fantastic idea.

Hi Chriss,

das wäre ja wirklich der Hammer ! Ich schicke dir meine Adresse gerne gleich heute noch zu !

Ich werde danach ausführlich über meine Erfahrungen mit dem Data Link Modul berichten !

Liebe Grüße

Bernd