Thread: GPS loss

GPS loss

My navigator 250 seems to take an awfully long time to get a GPS luck. Then when I take off the lock is almost instantly lost. Also the altitude hold does not seem to be working properly as it wanders up-and-down on GPS setting and the next one. Can this be reset?

Hey Nebuchadnezzar,

First off welcome to the RC Logger forums! Thanks for joining we are glad to have you hear as a part of the community.

I apologize for my delay in response. I have been away on vacation for the last week and haven't had access to internet, so please accept my apologies.

I am sorry to hear of the issues you are having with your Navigator. I will be happy to assist you and hopefully we can get you out and enjoying the Navigator as quickly as possible.

Is this your first quad or your first time using a quad with GPS?

Based on the area that you are located when flying then it can sometimes take a bit of time for the GPS signal to reach optimum status (rear led's solid, not flashing). May I ask about how long it takes for GPS to lock on for your Navigator?

When you take off and let off the sticks does the unit come to a hover or does the unit continue to move forward? Are the lights still solid or flashing?

As for the altitude hold, it won't ever work 100% perfect, but should help in holding altitude. However if you are experiencing issue's with your GPS, this could have impact as well.

You could try performing a Compass calibration again. Please know that we will be available to help in anyway and if there is an issue with your unit you can be assured we will work to get you up and flying with a properly flying unit.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
    Jamie

I found a better spot for GPS signal and it works fine now. Altitude hold is working fine in GPS mode. Is it supposed to work as well in basic mode as it is not with mine. I get 4 m up and stable in gps mode, then switch to basic mode and the unit starts to descend rapidly.
    Last edited by Nebuchadnezzar ; 01.08.2017 at 12:18.

Great to hear that you are able to get the GPS lock working and that you are able to enjoy flying the Navigator 250 now.

In regards to your question about the Alt. Height Hold function. It only works in GPS modes. It doesn't work in Basic mode. So your unit is behaving correctly. We did this as the focus of the flight modes was to have incremental advancements to help a pilot have levels of growth in each flight mode.

If you have any other questions or need any help please don't hesitate to ask. We are happy to help in anyway we can.

Keep sharing your Navigator 250 experiences as we would love to hear them.

Best regards,
    Jamie