• RC EYE One.

16 61.54%
  • RC EYE One S (flat canopy).

10 38.46%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RC EYE One vs. RC EYE One S

Idea RC EYE One vs. RC EYE One S

Which one do you prefer and why?

Both are the same size and have identical flight control features, identical flight modes. The difference is mainly the canopy and the landing skid. The "S" version has additional landing legs preventing the motors from having to absorb most of the force during hard landings.

Which one would you rather try to flip? Let us know what you think and do cast your vote
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RC_EYE_ONE_S_01.jpg 
Views:	1111 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	81   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RC_EYE_ONE_S_02.jpg 
Views:	687 
Size:	104.7 KB 
ID:	83   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RC_EYE_ONE_S_03.jpg 
Views:	664 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	85   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RC_EYE_ONE_S_04.jpg 
Views:	505 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	87  
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

I prefer the original one even if the S is very nice and the landing gears look efficient.

I keep the original one as it remind me a bit of Ghost in the Shell manga design.

I like the idea of landing legs, but the design shown leaves a little to be desired. Perhaps if they where an integral part of the lower motor protection cap, as opposed to the main motor mount, they could be more easily replaced. It looks as though to replace them as is, you would have to remove the mount from the arm, the prop from the shaft, and then the motor from the mount, and re-install everything in the same manner.

As for the NEW canopy design, I personally don't care for the tabs that protrude from the cap, they seem rather superfluous, and lend a more "toyish" look.

Just a little food for thought....

I like the new design but would rather have the landing legs and motor covers in BLACK instead.. The red is rather ugly and makes it look like a cheap toy..

I don't think we need such a huge visual reference to identify the front, I don't think anyone would fly EYE-ONE too far. After just a bit of distance the EYE-ONE becomes so small visually that I can't see if it's coming or going anyway..

Please oh please have the option to have them in BLACK!!

Kix

Quote Originally Posted by KixTay View Post
    Please oh please have the option to have them in BLACK!!
    Kix
    How about neon green Haha ... just kidding. Sure, we can consider your suggestion since we have those black landing legs anyway. We can just add two more black legs into the box so that users can choose whatever they prefer. How does this sound?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by Multi-Mike View Post
    It looks as though to replace them as is, you would have to remove the mount from the arm, the prop from the shaft, and then the motor from the mount, and re-install everything in the same manner.
    Yes, what you say is correct. Replacing them requires a bit more work. Our intention was initially to have the motor protected against mechanical stress resulting from hard landings, thus we decided to separate the leg from the lower cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Multi-Mike View Post
    As for the NEW canopy design, I personally don't care for the tabs that protrude from the cap, they seem rather superfluous, and lend a more "toyish" look.
    Here I agree with you. We don't really like the new canopy too. The only main advantage is that it has a flat surface allowing to mount a small camera. The tabs, yes, they may not make it to the final version.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

Thumbs Up Kudos to your design team. ')

After printing out both and viewing for several days I must say the new design looks very attractive.

I voice this opinion based on several factors as mentioned both practical and aesthetic.

With a flat surface users can mount anything they like much easier, and the additional protection afforded by the new legs I believe is extended to not only the motors but the props as well because they appear to extend slightly further than the tips of the props.
    Personally I would fashion a small diameter hoop to attach to each leg for full protection when coaxing a new person into flying.

My views on the additional protection are from experience with a cpl LadyBirds which pound the motors on each landing without the addition of children's foam darts attached to lower motor housing.

I hope an attached note to my order for a pair hopefully before Christmas will result in receiving "S" versions.
    Thanks so much for offering the forum and for your participation.
    X_Marine/BillyD..

Both Look nice and the extra protection for the motors with the S is a good thing, about the legs could not be just a Clip-On to add to the original if needed???

Definitely the addition of legs for noobs like myself - anything to give a little more protection to the unit!

Flying my RC for a day only i can tell its a good product,but the bump on the motor housing could be taken care off with a different landing gear design, like 4 curved legs ,sprung and coming off the round housing of the RC ONE!

Manfred