Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • RC EYE One.

16 61.54%
  • RC EYE One S (flat canopy).

10 38.46%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RC EYE One vs. RC EYE One S

Flying my RC for a day only i can tell its a good product,but the bump on the motor housing could be taken care off with a different landing gear design, like 4 curved legs ,sprung and coming off the round housing of the RC ONE!

Manfred

Hi Manfred.

Thank you for your feedback. How about this ->> http://www.rclogger.com/forum/attach...1&d=1353827411

Let us know what you think.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

Is there any structural advantage to the new flat canopy? I really like the new landing skids and protective motor housing, but frankly prefer the looks of the simpler Eye one domed canopy. I can't vote, because I like features of both units.

Oh, and I think red landing gear in front and black in back are best. Need colors to spot the front end of the unit.

Jeff

The new legs will be added as an option part shortly. We will offer as an set with 4 motors and 4 new landing gear included. So you may upgrade as you like. Simply remove the previous motor from each boom and install the new motor. It is more or less a plup-and-play job. The new motors are fully compatible with the current RC EYE One.

How to replace a motor is explained here.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

I like the s landing gear and the original body. I would purchase white landing gear/motor mounts and white blades if they were available Plus, I feel like black and white give it a classy feel, red or orange plastic looks toyish to me.

The original Eye One looked really good enough, those new legs of the S and the flat top with tabs kind of spoil it all.
    For practical purposes, the legs are very welcome but they are not much of a looker. Sorry.
    After getting my Eye One sorted out, I became more cautious with it. Thus, other than hovering, learning how to land it softly is the next thing I try to get right. So far the original black motor pods are still in good shape (If newbie like me can learn do it 90% of the time, anyone can too.)

In regards to mounting a camera on top of the canopy, wouldn't it be difficult to get ground shot? I'm hoping to one day be able to video some RC car races.

Quote Originally Posted by TCDon View Post
    In regards to mounting a camera on top of the canopy, wouldn't it be difficult to get ground shot? I'm hoping to one day be able to video some RC car races.
    Slightly off topic, but relevant to the quote above, I've used velcro spots to mount a little 808#16 camera on top of the original body and the angle of the shot works nicely. We won't go into the poor control of the wee craft by the noob flyer!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6iUH9NHK8Y

BTW, in the crash the camera stayed on the canopy but the canopy came adrift from the board and it took 10 minutes to find. Both camera and Eye One came through unscathed!

Great vid, looks like you lost your bearings and then crashed the bugger.

Was it a little top heavy so you couldn't correct?

Might buy a camera on eblag keying style and give it a god for giggles.

Extreme will try my go pro on

On topic the flat top makes it look more toy.
    Last edited by zippy; 14.01.2013 at 09:53.

The legs are a must for extra protection, so just add the legs to the RC EYE One

Hadn't heard anything on the S for a while so wasn't sure if things were still moving along on the S, but super excited to hear many of the things Adam shared over on rcgroups today. It certainly seems like the S is still moving along and will have some really nice additions in store that take the original EYE One to a new level in many ways. Can't wait for it to be available.

Is the S still planned to be released in March as well or if not is there a set time for release?