Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • RC EYE One.

16 61.54%
  • RC EYE One S (flat canopy).

10 38.46%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: RC EYE One vs. RC EYE One S

Several weeks ago I had a hard landing on my driveway and broke an arm on my Eye One. I CA'd and epoxied it, but only a few flights later it broke again. I ordered a new frame from Heli-Heli.com in Arizona and received the parts in 3 days, great service. I have replaced the frame and I am back in the air. I have to weigh in on the new Eye One S or any new model being worked on. The chassis is the carrier and everything attaches to it. The most important aspect of the chassis is: strength, it should maintain it's integrity and protect the other components. The chassis of the Eye One is much too fragile and is not able to be repaired. Also to replace the chassis, the motor leads must be unsoldered. I also fly a Blade MQV quad that is heavier, faster and crashes MUCH harder than the eye One and has never been injured. It is a very strong chassis, also the motor leads un-plug from the board making it easier to replace.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by MatLi View Post
    How about neon green Haha ... just kidding. Sure, we can consider your suggestion since we have those black landing legs anyway. We can just add two more black legs into the box so that users can choose whatever they prefer. How does this sound?
    Will the old canopy fit the new S version?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Will the old canopy fit the new S version?
    Yes it will
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

Thanks for the quick response MatLi....

So if you release it with the new canopy, the folks that like the older canopy can simply pick up a second canopy to use when they don't want a camera platform.

No big deal...

How close are you folks to launching the new S version?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Thanks for the quick response MatLi....

So if you release it with the new canopy, the folks that like the older canopy can simply pick up a second canopy to use when they don't want a camera platform.

No big deal...

How close are you folks to launching the new S version?

The new "S" version will make it June / July this year We are preparing for production now. We hope that we can reduce the waiting time as much as possible.

We'll make sure to make an announcement early enough to allow pre-orders about one month before we start to ship.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

I have broken one of the motors for the original Eye one. I am debating on which crash replacement set to buy. I would like to buy the eye one S crash kit and simply install the new landing gear on my existing eye one. Will this work ? and are the motors for both exactly the same and interchangeable? Since the new landing gear and motor mount seem to be integrated I am not sure if it will connect to the original eye one. Any help will be appreciated so that I can get my quad back up in the air!

Quote Originally Posted by yeago View Post
    I have broken one of the motors for the original Eye one. I am debating on which crash replacement set to buy. I would like to buy the eye one S crash kit and simply install the new landing gear on my existing eye one. Will this work ? and are the motors for both exactly the same and interchangeable? Since the new landing gear and motor mount seem to be integrated I am not sure if it will connect to the original eye one. Any help will be appreciated so that I can get my quad back up in the air!
    You can purchase the S crash kit and replace all 4 motors/landing gear with the new set of 4, however adding the landing gear onto your old motors isn't as simple of a task due to the fact that the connectors to board wiring is fairly integrated into the mount built around the motor. So purchasing an original EYE One kit will allow the continued use of the working motors you have or purchasing the EYE One S crash kit then you'd need to replace all 4.

Although externally, usually the one S is nearly the same as the attention One, a different mental abilities are calling the shots from the inside. I appreciate of the fact that amazing flight characteristics were retained while additional requests including flip mode and therefore the 2.4GHz system were heard by the manufacturer. Like its predecessor, the capability to go from well mannered stable to borderline insane helps make the One S attractive for first timers to experts alike. I rarely make statements love this particular although i believe the main S is known as a quad that you should not miss for 2013. As to those who already have the Eye One, it depends on whether or not the small improvements are worth the extra investment, or perhaps going to the Eye 180 Xtreme is a better bet.
    I adopted a Bernese Mountain Dog weeks ago. He is very versatile and big as his ancestors. Considering his large in size, it is not a good idea to play with him indoors. Therefore, we always play outside and I purchase a puppy playpen thinking that I should control his behavior in a manner, teach him behave himself in a place. In addition, the playpen is foldable and portable, which makes it convenient for me to keep him in control outside.