Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beginner Hover height

Beginner Hover height

I have just bought my first Rc Eye One and I love it with one exception: In beginner mode the hover height is at best 11 inches. It seems alright in intermediate and advance mode. I have watched videos with it in beginner mode that far exceed my best height. I have reset the gyro as well with no improvement in height. Could a loose battery connector cause this? Maybe a controller setting? I have read the enclosed instructions to no avail. I would appreciate any feedback. Thank You.

Hi,

My name is Adam. I am support for RC Logger. I have read your post, this seems rather strange as I have not heard of this issue before. There have been some instances that the props get slightly jammed on the motor housing preventing it from free spinning. Please kindly check to make sure they are free.

Did you purchase your RC EYE One from RC Logger directly?

Regards,

Adam
    Go big, fly hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I have just bought my first Rc Eye One and I love it with one exception: In beginner mode the hover height is at best 11 inches.
    Hi there too. This really sounds strange. In beginner mode the power is limited, hence there could be a relationship, but still, you should be well able to fly by far well above 11 inches. Please check what Adam had mentioned and make sure that none of the propellers sits too far down and is rubbing against the motor mount. If still no improvement please let us know.

The battery connector should not influence this behavior, especially because the other two flight modes appear to be fine. May I ask where you are located?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

Hello Adam,
    I have looked and the motors seem fine, there are no wobbles or off center props that I can see. they all seem to start and stop about the same, and the props are not pushed hard onto the motors. I had read about that problem. I bought it from Heli-direct. I have submitted a problem report to them, but so far haven't heard back from them.
    Last edited by Terry; 16.12.2012 at 10:46. Reason: additional info added

Hello Chris,
    I think that I have addressed all the possible problems that I can think of to address. Nothing I can see indicates a binding of any kind. The battery gets quite warm though. I am used to this to a degree because I usually fly 4 channel helicopters. There batteries tend to get warm also. I am located in Oklahoma.

Terry, please check your PM here within the forum.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

Thank You, I will do that...

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Thank You, I will do that...
    Hi Terry. The team has been informed. They will contact Helidirect for you. We will keep you posted.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by MatLi View Post
    Hi Terry. The team has been informed. They will contact Helidirect for you. We will keep you posted.

Oh thank you so much!

Terry

Hello you all. Maybe is this the solution. I am also a beginner and having this problem after several crashes. After a crash. the quad was falling upside down it will not lift anymore. When I did take the quad in my hand I notice that one of the motors was hotter then the other. Looking closely to the prop hight on the axes there was a small difference in hight to one of them. I lift the prop (from witch the motor was hot) and adjusted it at the same hight as the other, trying it again and it works ok. Susses