Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Eye One doesn't bind anymore.

Hi David. Merry Christmas to you too.

We will replace this unit complimentary, however I need to emphasize that after a unit has received "an incident" we will not replace these items in general. Simply because an apparent "minor incident" could still result in a failure leading to not being able to fly any further.

We will keep it to our internal review policy to decide whether we provide a complimentary replacement or not.

As you may understand, "minor" (e.g. gently felt onto the carpet )is a subjective term. On top of that even an apparent minor car crash could result in fatal injuries whereas an apparent major car crash could see the driver walking away just as if nothing had happened.

Greetings from HK.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

Hi Chris,

First, I have just received the new unit and would like to thank you and your whole team very much indeed.
    I do understand your position perfectly.
    I am somehow "happy" that my customer case will help your company improving its return policy.
    It's very childish and idiot to say "please believe me" because we both know that we don't really live in a fairy world...
    It's also very difficult to put a scale on what's a minor crash and what is a bad one because we just have our eyes and ears and our own experience for judging the consequences of a crash.
    I just can say that according to my flying experience with quads (which is honestly not bad), according to the very few flights I had the time for until the unit died and according to what my memory can remember (...) of the "crashes" I had with my Eye One (she didn't hit the floor nor any frontal object, the motors and the frame are intact, the props are just a bit scratched but the shafts are perfect) I can assure you that my request for help was legitimate and sincere.

Again, thank you Chris and a wonderful New Year to you and your team.
    Greetings from Paris :--)

Quote Originally Posted by kosem View Post
    ... I can assure you that my request for help was legitimate and sincere ...
    This is exactly part of the reason why you received an replacement
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

Thanks Chris, I know that and I am sincerely honored that my problem fount a solution upon trust.

I am having the same problem.

Hello, I just received the RTF xtreme yesterday from RC Drones, I had five great beginner flights on it. Today, when I went to fly it, I plugged in the battery (Fully charged of course) and saw a solid green light on the xtreme. There was no response to my controller so I followed the youtube post (which was very helpful) and took out the battery's on the transmitter for one minute. I then held down the mode and on/off switch until I heard a beep and moved the sticks in all directions. After turning the transmitter off I turned it on again and plugged in my lipo, the solid green light was still on. I pressed the bind button by the battery tray and it began flashing red and green. I then held down the on/off button on my transmitter for about 3 seconds and there were about 5 single beeps followed by a double beep. The xtreme then went back to a solid green light. What am I doing wrong? I have not crashed this let alone had any kind of mishap as I just got it yesterday. My last landing I brought it, down once the led's were flashing indicating the battery was getting low and it landed and was binded perfectly. I must be doing something wrong and skipped a step any help would be much appreciated as I love this aircraft!

Thank you very much for your time and assistance,

Scott

Hey Scott,

Sorry for the delayed response as our team (myself included) just got back into town after being at CES '15 all last week.

It sounds like you are doing things right. With the transmitter on and the battery plugged in when you pull the right stick to the bottom right corner does it turn the navigation led's off? If so that would definitely mean you are bound to the transmitter. Just to verify you are 100% sure the battery is charged? did you actually see both lights go off on the USB charger? And lastly have you tried fresh batteries in the transmitter.

Just trying to trouble shoot. We will definitely work together on this and either get it figured out or do what needs to be done to get you up and flying.

Regards,
    Jamie

Thank you for responding to my post, I was checking out some of your videos from CES and the mobius x1 gimbal on the xtreme looks amazing! I cannot wait to get it! I contacted Angrus on your team and he forwarded the message to RC Drones where I purchased it from but I have not heard back from them. I tried tow seperate sets of charged batteries in the TX and the quad itself. I still cannot get it to bind. Here is a youtube video of my problem, hopefully you can spot what I am doing wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIWhQoRU19o

Thanks,

Scott

Hey Scott,

First let me say thank you so much for the video. I know that takes time and it's very appreciative as it really helps see the process.

You are doing everything right, so there is definitely a fault somewhere in the binding process, but it is not related to what you are doing. Let me check the ticket and see where we are at, as I think the quickest way to get you up and flying will be to replace the whole unit. The only other thing I can maybe suggest trying is putting fresh batteries in the transmitter, as there have been a few cases where the pre-packaged AAA's weren't any good. Give that a shot, but even with a little juice it still should bind fine.

Sorry about this, it's extremely rare that we have something like this happen, but it does happen. Just the nature of electronics I guess.

I will make sure we get back to you ASAP and give you direction on what the next step is.

Regards,
    Jamie

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for getting back to me. I known you guys have been very busy with ces. I emailed RC DRONES a week ago about the issue and Angus said he would let them know about the issue and RC DRONES should be getting back to me. Unfortunately I gave nit received any kind of response from RC DRONES about my issue. I truly appreciate you taking the time to assist me as the only reason I bought a new one was so I could have the piece of mind it was new and under warranty. I thought it was very odd that my RTF xtreme came in an ARF box with the ARF crossed out with a post it on top that said RTF. I am sure it was just an extra kit he had that he pieced together and sold as an RTF.

Sorry for the rambling I am just frustrated with RC DRONES for there lack of customer service and communication.

I ended up taking advice from some of the forums and thought I would try another tx. I had a suspension it was the tx because of the muted beeps it was emitting. I saw that a guy on rc groups was parting out his xtreme and I bought a tx for $17 shipped to me. I plugged it in and rebinded it and it works! So it looks like the tx was bad but at least I got it fixed! Now I am hoping RC DRONES will give me $17 store credit or replace the defective tx they sent me. But I highly doubt they will even respond to me. Too bad because I already had a bunch of your upgrade parts I wanted to get. I really love your quad (even though it only lasted a day) but I have big plans for it (fpv)! Thank you for following up on my problem, because of your communication I will purchase other products from your company in the future! You have some really great products coming out! Its just too bad some of your venders are not as willing to assist customers as you are!

Thank you again Jamie, hopefully I can at least get the tx fixed.

Regards,

-Scott

Hey Scott,

I greatly apologize that you have had to go through so many troubles. We hold a high standard for any of our suppliers in terms of holding to the policies that we have in place.

You shouldn't have had to go the route that you did but I am glad to hear you were able to get up and flying. I was about 90% sure it was probably on the Tx end but was going to suggest a complete replacement just to make sure you weren't held up any longer from getting to fly.

I am personally looking into this matter and rest assured you will be supplied with a credit of some sort or some accessories. We want to make this right as we greatly value our customers and your support.

Thank you for reaching out to us. I will follow up either via the ticket system or PM.

Regards,
    Jamie