Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One engine always full steam

One engine always full steam

Dear all, maybe one of you can help. We unpacked our Eye One today. After one very short flight and a rather harmless crash, one of the four engines is now always running at full steam, no matter what I do with the remote control. I checked all the soldering joints but I could not find anything wrong. My son is devastaded. Can anyone help? Thanks and best wishes from Hamburg (Germany)!

Alex

Hi Alex. A warm "Happy New Year" to you.

Sorry to hear that you have your RC EYE One grounded. It appears that the main flight control may have received a damage from the crash causing one motor to apparently spin at full speed. There is currently no option to have the main flight control replaced since this part is not available as standard spare part.

Did you purchase your unit from Conrad in Germany or directly via RC Logger or elsewhere? I am asking because the Conrad version uses a different main flight control PCBA. Please let us know and we will see if there is anything we can do for you and your son
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

Yes, I bought it from Conrad. Would be great if you could help!! Thanks for replying so swiftly and Happy New Year! Alex

Hi Alex. Unfortunately we do not keep any spare flight controllers of the "RELLY" version. You will need to contact Conrad in Germany for replacement and return requests. Please keep in mind that replacing the flight control PCBA requires soldering skills. As far as we are concerned Conrad does not offer replacement PCBAs for that reason.

Very sorry that we can't reach out to you in your case.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

Alex, seems like we are having same issues with our rc EYE.. Mine stopped working too after 8 mins =(
    I found one of the components on the PCB leading to the faulty motor burnt.
    Trying to get support now.. =(

Hi Alex,
    I aswell have this problem straight out the box, I have not had any flight time. This does not seem to be a one off at the moment! What have you done to resolve this? I am as above waiting for support from the shop and maybe someone on here to what has to be done.

Just got my Eye one today, ugh, same issue here. Purchased my Eye One from rc-drones so I will contact them and see what can be done. This is so disappointing; this was actually going to be mine and my wife's first entry into quad rotor aircraft. I hope there is something that can be done.

On the other hand, I pulled mine out and it flew magnificently!

Quote Originally Posted by travelerdawg View Post
    Just got my Eye one today, ugh, same issue here. Purchased my Eye One from rc-drones so I will contact them and see what can be done. This is so disappointing; this was actually going to be mine and my wife's first entry into quad rotor aircraft. I hope there is something that can be done.

On the other hand, I pulled mine out and it flew magnificently!
    Was there a crash?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

Yes, when the motor went full steam. The little quad actually performed about three flips, in beginner mode, across the room and my wife immediately pulled the throttle down. So, what happened exactly was this: turned on transmitter, plugged in battery to Eye One, wife adjusted throttle slowly up, quad lifted up and wobbled around about one inch from the hardwood floor, then one motor went full throttle and started the Eye One into "flip mode".

Thanks for your feedback. Any crash prior to that fatal flight?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)