Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RC EYE "OneLink"

Attention RC EYE "OneLink"

Hi all. Just thought I would want to share some images of the first fully working OneLink Adapter as we will be displaying and demonstrating during the Toy Fair in Nuremberg next week. I will be heading there this evening with some goodies in my luggage including the fully working RC Logger X2.

If you have questions concerning the "OneLink", please post it in this thread.

P.S.: The images provided below present the first pre-production handmade fully functional sample. The final production version will include cosmetic improvements.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3349.jpg 
Views:	556 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	239   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3350.jpg 
Views:	539 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	241   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3351.jpg 
Views:	1143 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	243   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3352.jpg 
Views:	480 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	245  
    Last edited by MatLi; 27.01.2013 at 10:58.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

Can't wait for this to be available - it's kind of difficult trying to dial in "thumb" expo on the stock controller, which is especially needed for the throttle stick, LOL.

#1. Range similar to the stock controller?
    #2 Channel selectable via a dip switch on board the OneLink?
    #3 How's recalibrating the Gyro's achieved?
    #4 I see only one cable (connected to the trainer port?). So my guess it looks like the power source are AAAs on board the OneLink?

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPEE View Post

#1. Range similar to the stock controller?
    #2 Channel selectable via a dip switch on board the OneLink?
    #3 How's recalibrating the Gyro's achieved?
    #4 I see only one cable (connected to the trainer port?). So my guess it looks like the power source are AAAs on board the OneLink?
    Answers:

1.: The final version will have an external antenna with SMA connector. Range will exceed current stock controller. The version shown during the Nuremberg Toy Fair will be a 2.4 GHz version with antenna on the PCBA (not external).
    2.: There are three small control buttons located at one side, we may make use of them for channel selection and other functions.
    3.: This remains controlled by the stick inputs (top right corner position of aileron and elevator stick) of your own controller. In case we change the procedure we will explain it in the user manual that comes with the product.
    4.: Yes, power is supplied by 2x AAA batteries. Rechargeable batteries can be used.

Hope this answers your question.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

Thanks Chris

Regards,

Daryl aka GRUMPEE

Sorry guys for keeping you waiting so long. The toy fair kept me very busy and this week is Chinese New Year - nothing is moving forward this week - total standstill. Just a brief update on the "OneLink". I did present it in working condition at the toy fair mounted against my Futaba transmitter. It has been working fine and I still keep using it even after I am back from the show

The version I presented was the 2.4 GHz version (for our new S model). We are now working to get the "OneLink" ready for the current 915 MHz version, so in fact the final product will support both frequencies. Some minor improvements remain to be implemented on firmware and hardware level (e.g. different cable and ability to turn the system on/off).

You guys wanna see a short video how it works? Convince me and I'll get one done for you It is fairly easy to install and use it. The pilot's TX requires little programming work.

P.S.: Love it!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

Thanks for the update Chris! Would love to see a video. I think I have enough post here on the threads and enough EYE One video's with a few thousand views to solicit a preview. lol Just kidding. I know you are extremely busy and also this week is Chinese New Year so no rush but certainly can't wait to see it in action when you have it up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
    Thanks for the update Chris! Would love to see a video. I think I have enough post here on the threads and enough EYE One video's with a few thousand views to solicit a preview. lol Just kidding. I know you are extremely busy and also this week is Chinese New Year so no rush but certainly can't wait to see it in action when you have it up and running.
    I'm not gonna argue with that one Chris! Jamie deserves a peak! Quit holding all the cards, and show your hand!!!!!
    Go big, fly hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam.RCLogger View Post
    I'm not gonna argue with that one Chris! Jamie deserves a peak! Quit holding all the cards, and show your hand!!!!!

Its not my hands - its my available time

I will be heading to Germany again this weekend so I'll try to get something recorded on Saturday just before I depart. After next week I should be able to find slightly more time again.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Cheers,
    MatLi (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by MatLi View Post
    Its not my hands - its my available time

I will be heading to Germany again this weekend so I'll try to get something recorded on Saturday just before I depart. After next week I should be able to find slightly more time again.
    definately a video, I own 2 eye ones and am planning on getting a spektrum dx6i.

Really glad to hear the Onelink is going to support both freqs. I got let down a little by a post on rcgroups that sounded like the Eye One is going to be left behind once the "S" and Xtreme are released. I intend on getting a spektrum dx6i as well, redcard, to save on the BNF helis/quads out there.

Thanks for the updates MatLi, looking forward to the video ;-)
    Last edited by travelerdawg; 13.04.2013 at 01:59. Reason: I can't spell

11. Reason
    double posted